My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 13, 2014

"I like to do little sprints every now and then....as long as it is to a dairy queen."-Kaylee


​


​This week was soooooooooooo amazing! So many miracles! I will start out with the beginning of the week.
Tuesday we got to go to the temple and do a session. I seriously love the spirit of the temple so much. It was so amazing being there with President and Sister Jensen as well. The best part about it was getting to spend the entire day with Sister Hill and Sister Cannon. I love those two so much. The day consisted of dance parties in the car (to christmas music of David Archuleta and the Motab), and lots of laughing. I bet you can't imagine me laughing right. I never laugh. HAHAHAAHAH! That is a lie! 

Wednesday when we got back we went to the Higgs and carved pumpkins. I did a two sided face pumpkin. They looked pretty cool. But we carved pumpkins with Allie Buxton...this nine year old girl from the ward. Love her to death! Seriously she is so cute! Then we went to coordination meeting then we played glow in the dark tag and frisbee with the Young Woman. I am going to miss all those girls! It was seriously so fun.

Friday I got to go to dinner with the Bair's and the Rhoten's from the Fort Dodge ward. Oh man it was so great to be with them again! I love both of those families so much! Seriously......I just love everyone hahaha! 

Then Saturday was Joshua's baptism. It was such an amazing service. Everything went perfectly. I am so grateful that I got to be apart of his conversion! Seriously it was so great! 

Then Yesterday at church we sang. I think it went alright. Who really knows. I gave the closing prayer in sacrament. Bishop ran up to the pulpit and told everyone that this was my last sunday and that everyone needed to give me a hug and say goodbye. Then he said into the pulpit....Sister Bevan make sure you get Ben's email address.....hahahah everyone started laughing. I had no idea what he said until after church when someone finally told me. But Sunday night I went over to the Campbell's to say bye. I seriously love that family so much. They are amazing! 

I am going to end my email with this scripture 2 Tim 4:6-7 "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve my Father in Heaven for 18 months. This has been the biggest blessing in my life. I am so grateful for the people that I have been able to meet and grow to love. I am sad to leave Iowa because of my love for the people here. But I am excited to come home and start the next chapter of my life. I know that my mission has changed me and I am so grateful for that. Thank you all for the love and support and prayers that you have given in my behalf for the past 18 months. God be with you til we meet again! 

All my love, 
Sister Missy Bevan


No comments:

Post a Comment