My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 6, 2014

" I am a good reader Heavenly Father. Let me just read about these people's trials. Don't give me any. I can learn from theirs!"-President Jensen

(These are the Ballard girls doing my hair....they are so stinking cute! We spent all day with them yesterday)
​

This week was a really great one. However it seemed to be full of driving! Wednesday we had to drive to Des Moines. The appointment got canceled but we went to lunch at outback and got steak. Man that was soooo good! Then Friday we drove back to Des Moines again. This was probably the best surprise in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wednesday we got told that Friday we would be going back to Des Moines to watch a special screening of "Meet the Mormons". OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously you all need to watch it! It premiers on October 10th (my exact 18 month mark....crazy or what? Time flies) Watch this trailer if you haven't already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Y8Jalsf54

Also if you want it to play in your area then you need to go on their website. Meetthemormons.com and request it. Seriously it is amazing and you ALL need to watch it. I was laughing and crying! So moving! I am so happy to be apart of this church! 

General conference was also amazing. If you didn't have the opportunity to watch it then I strongly suggest that you take the time and watch it. Conference really helped me with my testimony. I was able to have soooo many questions answered. I seriously love the spirit and I love being taught by apostles and prophets. This church is so true! 

Update on investigators. Joshua is doing so good and will be having his baptismal interview tonight and will be getting baptized on Saturday! YAY! I can't wait! Alison is doing sooo great! She is such a sweetheart. She is a golden investigator, seriously! So happy that I got to be apart of meeting her! But we set a baptismal date for November 15th. She is going to pray about it and see how she feels about it! I love this work so much! 

Tonight we get to go drive to Cedar Rapids and stay the night with Sister Hill (my MTC companion) and her companion and then in the morning Sister Hill and I will go to Nauvoo and Sister Samford and Despain will stay in Cedar Rapids. We get to go to the temple tomorrow! I am seriously so excited to be with all the sisters that I came out with (plus the two elders going home). I can't believe how much time has flown! I seriously love going to the temple. Plus I get to spend the entire day with President and Sister Jensen. So I am sure I will be having a bunch of funny quotes!

But I love you all and miss you so much! I will see you shortly! :) WATCH CONFERENCE AND MEET THE MORMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Sister Missy Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment