This week was a typical week of missionary work! We had a lot of things set up and planned and then they would just crash and burn! But it was okay because we were able to do other things! We still managed to get 19 lessons too! The biggest miracle of this week was that we had 4 investigators at church yesterday! It was crazy! But I really do love the area. It was kind of sad because a lot of our investigators dropped us because they really only liked the sister that was here before me. So that got to be a little frustrating because everyone just talks about her. Even the ward sometimes. But I am going to keep my head up and to do the best that I can! I really do love it here in Fort Dodge!
One of the things we did this week was help some non members move into their new apartment here in Fort Dodge. They had just moved here from Mason City. So that was really good to be able to help them and get to know them. We are hoping that we can meet with them again sometime this week. But this guy that just moved in had cancer that he fought. His family is really spiritual so his mom came up with a really cool saying for hope and faith! The hope one is holding on prayerfully everyday and faith is forwarding all issues toward heaven. Aren't those sooo cool and way good! I thought so!
One of the members in our ward is someone who was baptized by John Carpenter! Has any one heard his mission story/conversion story? If you haven't I highly recommend that you do because it is so powerful! It makes me feel so cool too because I am able to serve where he served and he is jusy amazing! So I encourage you all to look that up!
Our investigator Bellah is still set for being baptized on the 24th. We are really excited about that. She is as well!! Just keep her in your prayers that she will get baptized! Also if you could keep Linda in your prayers as well. She was my investigator in Macomb. I got word that her husband left her...which that I am kind of happy about. But now she might lose her house because he left her with all the bills. So please pray that she will be able to quit smoking and to be able to stay in her place!
The coolest thing about this week was that I got to sign our less active members missionary wall!!!!!!!!
I can't believe that I have now been out 9 months! Time really does just fly! Missions are hard but it is so worth it! I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had and for the people that I have met! My testimony has been strengthened so much! I am so grateful for being a missionary! Now I am over the hill and on my way back to normal life!
I love you and miss you all!
Love Sister Missy Bevan!
No comments:
Post a Comment