My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Drum roll please.........

So I got transferred to FORT DODGE, IOWA!!!! (Mother for your safety...I would suggest not looking it up on the Internet!) Don't worry I can hold my own here....and some less actives give us pepper spray! We are going to be just fine! I am sticking with my tradition, there is a college here! But it isn't a university so I guess what I kind of broke it! But that is okay! This place is great so far! I really love it! Yesterday we set a date with one of the girls we are working with! She is 12 and really wants to be baptized so we set the date for Jan. 24th. We are 99.99% sure that she will get baptized on that day! It would be really great! She was so worried about having dry underwear though after she got baptized haha! Funny girl!
 
My new companion is Sister Batty. She is from Wayne County Utah! She is awesome! I have already seen her change so much. She never talked according to everyone and new she is just talking so much! I feel like this is going to be such a great transfer together! We are just laughing all the time! I really love her! In our ward there are three sets of missionaries! So it is great! We get to see all of each other quite a bit and this ward is so close and just such great friends so it is fun! Apparently there used to be some Bevan's that lived here! I am sure that somewhere down the line we are related to them! One of the Hermana's in our ward (Hermana Egget) her uncle owns Rockwell....so she told me that she is going to have him send me a watch! Heck ya! I am so excited! I love Rockwell watches! But I thought that was really cool that her uncle started it! What a genius man!
 
I am not going to lie, I was sad to leave Macomb. I mean that place was Heaven and I loved the ward there so much. I could totally see myself moving back to Macomb. But just stepping into Fort Dodge I knew that this was exactly where I needed to be. Pretty much all of our investigators are young women. About ages 12-15. I feel like that I am going to be able to really help them out. Plus Sister Batty. I feel like I was sent here to help her. She loved her last companion but was so afraid to be herself. She even told me last night that she was so grateful for me and that she was so surprised that she has been able to open up as much as she has! She has never opened up this fast to anyone. So I know that Fort Dodge is where I need to be. I feel like I will be here for a little while. From the looks of it we should be having 2 baptisms in Jan. So that is so exciting! I love being a missionary so much and being able to just testify! We live with members and they are great! They have a daughter who is a senior in High school and she is just adorable! What else is there to say about Fort Dodge? OH YEAH!!! So I have been kidding around with Sister Harmon and I was saying oh I will probably go somewhere like Ames, or like farthest north in the mission like Mason City. Well let me just tell you, Heavenly Father has a FUNNY sense of humor when it comes to me. I am in a zone with Mason City. Like maybe an hour drive from there. And I am in the Ames Stake. So I basically called it! But I am so excited to be here. A lot of work to be done!
 
My new address so you all know is :
 
1988 Nicole Road
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
 
Now that you have my new address I expect you all to write me! I haven't gotten letters for a while. SO PLEASE!!!!
 
Transfer meeting was great! I was able to see all of my posterity and we got a picture of us all! So that was fun! I even got to see Cassie which was the great blessing in my life! I love my Cassie so much! But it was so good to be able to see everyone and give them hugs! I have such amazing daughters and granddaughters!


 
I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this church. I know that it is true! It is such a blessing to be a missionary because you are able to see people literally change their lives! I am so grateful that I get to bare Christ's name on my shirt and to be apart of his army! I love you all and miss you! I can't believe this week is my hump week. It is so crazy that I have been out 9 months. Time is just flying! I love you and miss you! Keep doing what the Lord needs you to do, Be close to the Spirit!
 
Love, Sister Missy Bevan :)

p.s. I am pretty sure that I am not serving in Canada, but whatever! The midwest has a mind of it's own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment