My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

"I am not fat, I am cottage cheese"-Sister Chirinos‏

p.s. don't put mayonnaise in your hair....it is gross and you won't want to sleep that night! Just a heads up! :) (the rumor is false...it will not make your hair not staticy it just makes it greasy....Sister Chirinos was wrong don't believe what you see in movies)


On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Melissa Bevan <melissa.bevan@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Well here we go. You might want to buckle down for this one haha! But really this week has been a whirlwind!
 
First off we'll start with the good stuff. On Tuesday we had zone conference which is always good! I just love President and Sister Jensen. They are so inspirational. I was able to learn a lot about what I could do to improve myself as a missionary. I also realized that the next zone conference will be my last one. That made my stomach drop. The next zone conference I will be giving my going home testimony. Bleh. One this that President Jensen stressed on was that he wants us to be married within the year of us being home....hahah! Everyone was just looking around like is he really saying this right now. He goes...this is an important thing. I don't care if you just got out on your mission you need to think about marriage haha! Also President Jensen being the funniest guy in the whole world was like "Sister Bevan there is someone I want you to meet" then took me to an elder. He goes "This is Elder Bevan, I thought it would be nice that the two of your got to meet. So here you are meeting!" hahahaha! So Elder Bevan and I met. He seems to be a cool kid. We took pictures together!
 
After Zone conference we had some time to kill so we got to go to Downtown Des Moines and take pictures. Then we went to Ames for exchanges. It was great! I seriously love Ames and really want to serve there! It is just so pretty! But yeah it was good and we were able to see a lot of miracles. I was able to use a lot of my Chinese that Sister Huh taught me! So that was fun. I also got to MOW A LAWN!!!!!!!! That made this whole week worth it! Man it was such a great feeling. It was a big lawn too so it took some time! Ahh the smell of freshly cut grass. It was great!
 
After exchanges things just kind of went to crap. We got to our area and it literally felt like we were battling hell. Ugh opposition. It sucks. Missionary emotions also suck. After exchanges I have just really been struggling. All our progressing investigators just kind of stopped progressing. They are all having really hard challenges. So that is never fun to see as a missionary. But Tammy is not going to be getting baptized any time soon. Well I most likely won't be here for it. :( but that is okay. She just needs some time. I am sure she will get baptized soon. But on a positive note Lonnie is doing really good! He has been smoke free since last Friday! So he is still going to get baptized on the 7th! Lonnie is just amazing! I am excited for him. Unfortunately he didn't come to church because he was just exhausted. I don't blame him. But he said that he really missed church and the feeling he gets when he comes. I guess last week in Elders Quorum they had him stand up and introduce himself and he goes "Well I am Lonnie Young, I have been investigating the church, I like it a lot. I plan on staying" haha he is just amazing. I really wish we could film his lessons!
 
Oh yeah the weather has been super crazy! Last night we were out tracting and it just started down pouring. IT was actually really fun. It went on for over an hour though....I thought we were going to be needing a boat soon! But we got some pretty pictures! I also had a meltdown Sunday at church after the elder's gave me a blessing! But I am doing much better now....I was just exhausted I think and a lot of bad things were happening!
 
Well that is all I can really think of. Just know that I know that even when you are going through hard times the Lord is there for you. He loves you. He wants to help you. Pray to him and ask for help. He is more then willing! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. Christ is where I get my strength each and every morning! The Atonement is real and is for everything! I love you and miss you all! See you in 5 months. Eh, that is going to go fast :/
 
Love Sister Missy Bevan
 
​

The corn is growing! :)
 
​

No comments:

Post a Comment