My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 12, 2014

"my companion went ninja on my back!"-Sister Chirinos

So this week Sister Chirinos was complaining that her back hurt...so being the nice companion I am I decided to give her a massage by karate chopping it! This is her reaction "you have a mean karate chop....next time you meet someone in a dark alley, you could take them down." So don't worry everyone if we meet someone in a dark alley I will take them down! 
This week was Elder Clark's birthday so we took him out to lunch. Well he wanted to go to this place called George's. It was good! It reminded me sooooo much of Malad Drive inn. Tender mercy right there. 

This week we were blessed to have three people come to church. Lonnie, Tammy and Damian! It was so great! Tammy is doing amazing!!!!!! She even gave out a Book of Mormon this week! Can you believe it! She told her friend that she really needed to read this book because it will bring her so much peace! It brought tears to my eyes when she told us that! I love Tammy. She is so ready! This week on the 15th is the day she is giving up smoking and coffee, She is doing really good but from that day on she is having no more. So pray that she will have the strength!

We texted Lonnie after church and told him thanks for coming and we hope that he enjoyed himself. He said "the people where great! This is where God wants me to be!" Once again Lonnie is amazing. Every lesson we have with him I feel like I am in the Preach my Gospel videos. Maybe I will film one sometime. But now he is set for June 7th to be baptized. He also has to give up coffee and smoking. So pray for him. I am not even worried. He is so prepared! 

Damian was able to be interviewed by President yesterday. When he was done with the interview he came in just beaming! I love seeing how the gospel can change lives! The atonement is so real! But President goes "Damian is awesome!" and gave us two thumbs up. He said that he was going to write a letter to the first presidency last night. So in about a month we will know if Damian can get baptized! YAY!!!!!

I love being a missionary so much! I love the experiences and miracles I am able to see everyday! I heard a quote 3 times this week and I love it. "If you don't stand for something then you will fall for everything." That is so true. I hope that there is something that you are all willing to stand for. If there isn't I would encourage you to find something. You do not want to fall! 

Also I have about 5 months left. I decided that I want to give you ALL a challenge. I want you all to try and read the Book of Mormon completely through before I get home. I am going to do it too. The Book of Mormon is the most powerful resource that we have. I know that by reading the Book of Mormon you will come so much closer to your father in Heaven! 

p.s. Mother's day was awesome! I got to Skype my family and I just love my family! My niece said Missy for the first time too....of course I bawled! But I love my mommy so much and I am so grateful for everything that she has done and will continue to do. I love you all as well! Know that you are in my prayers! 


Love Sister Missy Bevan! 


​Look what I found....it is definitely tornado season! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment