My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 19, 2014

"Yep...I just stepped on a dead bird, I thought something felt squishy!"-Sister Chirinos

Okay this week just flew by....seriously I don't even know where it went. So this email will probably be lame. But a lot of our appointments this week cancelled. Which is always a bummer. So we did a lot of finding, but it was good. We were able to get in contact with a lot of African Americans....my dream of baptizing one just might be true! We have two appointments this week with a couple so I am pretty excited!
 
Tammy is doing realllllllllllly good! She has been smoke free for 4 days now! So she is totally getting baptized on the 31st. I am super excited and she is too! She even met with the bishop yesterday at church and she pointed out the picture of  Thomas S Monson and told the bishop all about him haha! Bishop Asay was very impressed! Then she pointed at the picture of Christ and goes "that's Jesus" and Bishop goes hahahahahahaha I am so glad that you know who he is! But Brother Eggett gave her a blessing this week for smoking and she said that after the blessing she no longer had the desire! She also described her feeling as a feather! She said she was floating on cloud nine so she can only imagine what receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost will be like. Tammy is just amazing! I love her sooooo much! She is very much prepared! Less then two weeks!
 
Lonnie also came to church yesterday and loved it, now he has been twice. His daughter came yesterday too and was just so excited to go to primary. In two years her dad will get to baptized her and she is really excited about that! There are just so many people here in Fort Dodge who are prepared. It just blows my mind! But Lonnie is just so funny! He is doing really good on quitting smoking too and he will get baptized on the 7th. Not even a doubt in my mind.
 
Then we met with Michaela and she is doing really good too! She is now praying about a date to get baptized! Hopefully I will still be here by the time! But we will see. If not that is okay! But during our meeting she goes "Guys I have some news....my gloomy days are happy days!" She is awesome!
 
Kyrah is just waiting on her birth certificate so that she can get baptized. The font in  Fort Dodge is just always going to be wet! But that is a good problem to have!
 
We also got to see Justin this week. He is having a hard time now that Max is in prison. They still aren't sure which one he is in but hopefully we will know soon. Justin is just trying to take a lot on by himself so we had a really good lesson with him yesterday on just relying on the Lord and putting your trust on him.
 
The Lord wants to help you. His yoke is easy. So lean on him. I know that He loves you and wants to help you. If you don't know that then get a priesthood blessing and the Lord will tell you! Seriously there is power in the Priesthood. I am so grateful to be apart of a church that has the true Priesthood. It has been such a blessing in my life and I know that it can be in yours! I love you all and miss you very much!
 
Love, Sister Missy Bevan
 

This is Max...he is now in Prison....we miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment