It was January 25, 2013, my mom and I left at 2:00 since I had to be there at 4:30 to do the first process of the temple and I had decided to go to the Logan Temple. Then I would meet up with my family for the 6:00 session to receive my own endowment! On the drive up I was seriously so excited but at the same time I was nervous because I was going into the unknown. But let me tell you right now, for those of you who have not gone through the temple yet, just remember that you are entering into the House of the Lord. There is nothing there that you need to be afraid of!
Once I went into the Celestial room, the Spirit hit me so strong! It was amazing to be there with my family. I immediately began to cry because I could only image that this is what it would be like once we have passed away. This is what it was going to feel like to be reunited with my family again. Even now just thinking about it I feel the Spirit so strong. Everyone says that the first time you go through the temple it is weird. Yeah there are some things that are different but it is not weird. It is absolutely amazing!
After going through the temple my love for the gospel has exceeded so much! I know without a doubt that families are forever. That the gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us all so much and that he truly knows us each individually. He truly does know us and it is amazing. I know that the temple IS the House of the Lord. That no unholy things can dwell there. While in the temple there is such an amazing Spirit that can be felt there, and you can be the closest to God there in the temple while you are here on earth. I know that God has a plan for us and that he can see the big picture.
I am so thankful that I am now an endowed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so thankful that I live where I live and that I have so many temples within an hour of me. I love the temple so much. I can not even describe it in words!
I can not wait to go out and preach the gospel to those in Iowa. I know without a doubt that this is the fully true church. The Book of Mormon is true, you can get an answer to any question just by reading the book. I love to see the temple!


No comments:
Post a Comment