My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

You are hereby called to serve...

It has been 22 days since I turned in my paper (and I thought this was a long wait). I just knew it had to be coming this day, December 5th 2012! I knew I would be so anxious waiting so I was so happy that it was Wednesday, that means roommate temple trip. I needed this bad! So me and my lovely roommates all went to the temple together! These girls have seriously meant the world to me, and I still to this day think it is so amazing that we were all able to go to the temple together that day for the first time. It is definitely something I will never forget, such an amazing feeling! I love those girls so much!
After the temple we went to go get lunch at Cafe Sabor (probably my favorite place to eat in Logan), and that was when I received the call from my mom!! She said "Miss it's here!!!!!!" That excitement right then was so unreal! I asked her how much the postage was because there is a thing that says if it is $1.50 or lower you are staying in the states. Well she tells me that the postage is 1.90. The immediate thought that came to me was "I AM GOING TO LONDON!!!!!" I seriously could not wait to drive home and open my call! I had to wait a few more hours though!
Well the hours finally passed and I drove the hour to my house with all my roommates in the car! My whole family was there along with my Grandpa. I was so happy to have all of them there to share this special moment with me. The second I got to my house I would not put the envelope down! It just felt so right in my hand! Now it was time to open it....
First thing I say is "well I am staying in the states". Then I go on to reading it. "Dear Sister Bevan: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Iowa Des Moines Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months." Then a frown came upon my face as I read "You should report to the Prove Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, April 10, 2013." Excuse me.....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? April 10th?!?!?!?!!?!? That is such a long time away. 126 days to be exact. Also I never even considered myself going to Iowa....I never once thought of that place as to where I serve. Then I was looking at my mission boundaries, this made me so excited because my mission covers all of Iowa, parts of Missouri, and parts of Illinois. The parts of Illinois covers Nauvoo and Carthage. Yeah...that made me SO excited! This is the perfect mission for me. I always said that I wanted to go somewhere that I could have church history along with a city. Well....I get both in this mission! 
Even though this mission seems so far away, I am going to make the best of my time. I am going to completely prepare myself and make sure I am studying hard! I can't wait to go and serve the people in Iowa! I can't wait to get there!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I'm totally going to stalk your blog until I leave in July :) So excited, hopefully we'll see each other there! Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah, I totally don't mind! Not even one bit!!! Hopefully you will find things I post as helpful!! I hope we get to meet!! :)

    ReplyDelete