My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Another week down, and almost done with my first transfer!

I can't believe how much time flies! Seriously it seems like I have only been here for two weeks!
 
This week was full of adventures! We got approved from our mission president to go to the Nauvoo Temple and clean it! WOW, awesome! But the problem was we needed to ride down with one of the sisters from our branch. But that sisters that were going, were going down early to do a session. So we asked president if we would be able to go to do a session and he said YES!!! That never happens! So friday we left at four and took our journey down to Nauvoo. On the way there on the highway we completely ran out of gas. hahahahahha. First time I have ever ran out of gas and it was RIGHT in the middle of the highway. A nice but strange man took our brench member and took her to get gas then brought her back to us. Needless to say we weren't able to make it to a session. But we still got to clean the temple so I was okay! However, Tia (our driver) was able to do some initatory work. So me and Sister He just went out and took some pictures until 8, which was when we were able to start our cleaning. Apparently a general authorities family was there (I didn't know) but I was talking to his granddaughters telling them to go on missions. There girls were like, "well kind of everyone in our family does go on missions." When I found out later that they were a general authorities grandchild I go yeah I guess that makes sense! But cleaning the temple is seriously such an awesome experience! They allowed us to just go in the Celestial room for a little bit and my prayers were still answered so that was great! Then I was able to climb up the bell tower. The angel Moroni was RIGHT about my head! It was seriously such a neat experience and I am so glad that I was able to go and expereince that. I am so grateful for the pioneers. You could feel them there. We didn't get home until midnight so I was pretty beat the next day!
 
Saturday was our transfer calls. President called and said that Sister He would be heading to Des Moines thursday and be there for 5 days until she headed back to Salt Lake. So I am losing her on thursday and I am actually pretty sad about that. Then he told me that come thursday I am going to be training! My trainee is apparently a visa waiter. Her real mission is Brazil but she is going to be here until she gets her visa. So most likely my companion and I will be studying portugese. President said she may be here for three transfers. So I am staying in the Iowa City YSA Branch and the university area for at least another transfer. I am excited to train, and I think it will be really good but I am also really nervous! There is a lot riding on me!
 
Also this week we set a baptisimal date for June 22nd. That would be an awesome birthday present. So pray that this investigator will actually be baptized!! He really knows his bible and loves to talk...so lessons are very interesting. But he is great and he says he wants to find the truth and that is why he contacted us! Well know that I love you all very much and I am so grateful for your examples!
 
The church is so true and can seriously bring so much peace and happniess! Remember to pray and read your scriptures everyday and your life will be that much better! Do missionary work too. Don't be afraid to do it, the Lord is on your side. He wants you to succeed. Not to fail. So he will be there for you. The Spirit will help you, I can truly promise. This is the Lord's work not mine, and I am so grateful to be apart of it! I love you all but more importantly God loves you all!
 
Love always,
Sister Bevan! :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment