My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Missions are literally a rollercoaster.

First things first. Sister He is gone!!!!!! Haha I love her but I am so happy to be able to be joyful and positive about the missionary work. Me and sister Wolfgramm are the dynamic duo. Seriously I love her so much and I feel like we are going to have a great transfer together. She helps me so much and I am so grateful to be able to be with her. We have been crazy busy! 

So this week mission work was crazy. I dropped my first investigator ever. I cried haha! We dropped Jason (June 22nd date) because he was literally fighting with us and not letting us teach him. He seriously would not listen and was not progressing at all. He prayed at the end of the lesson we told him we could no longer meet with him and said please bless them that they can find the truth...so yeah haha. Then our other investigator that had a baptismal date for June 23rd said that he couldn't be baptized because his parents won't allow him. So that was sad too. Then we met this guy on friday and we set up a time to meet with him saturday morning at 11:30. Well we got caught in a HUGE rain storm like literally I was drenched. So we were running behind. Well he texted us at 11:32 saying he left because he didn't see us. We walked in the library at 11:34. We tried calling and texting him but he won't answer. That was such a bummer! Then later that day me and sister Wolfgramm were talking about how Satan sucks then a huge loud thunder happened, it was super sunny so we just both started laughing because we knew that heavenly father agreed with us haha! We wanted to get up on a bench and cry repentance to Iowa City. Can I just say that I love my companion so much! Seriously I am so happy to be here right now with her! She is amazing and we are going such great things! 

Funny stories of the week. So we went to get Froyo...well I just started talking to the employee and asked him how long he had to work that night. He said he got off at midnight so me being me said to him, "well I will think of you while I am in bed tonight." Apparently he went really red and I didn't realize what I had said so Sister Wolfgramm goes "BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO BE IN BED AT 10!" Then after we were walking around and she goes sometimes you are such a genius. I was like what did I do. Then she told me and I just go, "Oh my gosh....that is so embarrassing! I should go back and apologize!" But I didn't so we just laughed about that the rest of the night. Haha sometimes I am really stupid and say really stupid things! But hey that is what makes me me! :) 

The branch members are awesome and I feel like I am become so much closer to them! I am excited for what this week holds. We have 4 lessons already set up! Plus we are going to hopefully meet up with some other people! Seriously I love Iowa City so much! I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be here and so serve the Lord. I know there is a reason I am here. I keep having dreams that I am going to be here until New Years. I would actually be okay with that. There is so much work that needs to be done.

I love this gospel so much. It has brought me so much peace and comfort. The Lord really does send tender mercies every day. You just need to be on the look out for them. My challenge for everyone this week is to smile at the missionaries and talk to them. Seriously though. If you could feed them too that would be great. Missionaries LOVE food! I am sad we don't get fed every night but it makes us so grateful when we do get fed. The Church is so true. Remember that! My testimony is growing so much more each and every day. I love my Savior.  Even though we don't have anyone getting baptized in June I am still so optimistic. I know that the Lord has good things in store for Iowa City. There is a lot of work to be done!!!!

I love you all!!! Also...I haven't received a letter in 26 days (no I am not counting haha) but you know missionaries love mail. So here is my address just in case you forgot haha 

815 Bowery Street Apt. 3
Iowa City, Iowa 52240 

(that is my legit address too...so I expect to get letters)

Love, 
Sister Missy Bevan

P.s. I got to go to a vocal point fireside last night. They are AMAZING!!!!!! Everyone look up their stuff. It will change your life!!!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment