So since I didn't send one last week I am going to send a really good one this week!! Life is great! I love being a missionary!!
Last Sunday I got to say bye to my mission president and his wife again while we were at the broadcast. It was a nice surprise of them to show up! I was able to get pictures with them. I am really going to miss them, they were so amazing. But I am so excited to be able to meet the new mission president and his wife! I know I will love them!!! I am meeting them on Wednesday! This is how I am going to introduce ourselves, "Hi I am Sister Bevan and this is Sister Wolfgramm. We are serving in the Iowa City YSA branch. We have two baptismal dates set for July 13th and we want premission to go to the Nauvoo Pagent with our investigator and member on the 12th." (This is all said in a funny way...you can't really tell in an email. But me and sister Wolfgramm keep laughing about it so you should too!) We feel like he would be overwhelmed! But yeah wednesday I get to meet them. I am really excited!
Now for news with investigators! This week we had exchanges and we did Sidewalk chalk contacting. It was actually really successful! We drew out the plan of salvation and like a picture of the Book of Mormon. It was really awesome! Now cool story of the week. Thursday we got a call from a guy named Franky. He is a member of our branch but we hadn't met him because he had been gone doing training for military and then went and did summer sales. Well anyway he called and goes, "I want to take the missionaries out for dinner. When can we do that?" So that was a miracle in itself. We are pretty sure he just fell out of Heaven. Then that night we were out contacting and we were going to walk back up to the institute building but I was like no lets take the bus, that is what we planned for. Well our goal was for each of us to talk to two people each on the red route bus. On the way walking to the bus we ran into two guys and they were like "Hey did you just get off work?" So immediately we go and talk to them and explain that we are missionaries. They were like oh man, I knew I needed to start going back to church. We asked were they were off to and they go we are going to take the red route bus. So I continued talking to them and grab their information and told them that a group of us would be playing ultimate frisbee saturday morning so they said to let them know. Then comes friday. We go out to Dinner with Franky. He is awesome. He just got back from his mission in Jan. Friday Night I text the two guys, Elijah and Khajuan letting them know about frisbee and they respone with how they will be there. Saturday morning comes and they don't show up. We text them later and they say they want to meet up that night. So we texted them asking when they could. At 5 we started to walk towards the library and they just came out of the library and were like we were just going to text you! So we went right back in the library with them and had the most AMAZING lesson ever!!!!! We extended baptism and before I could even finish they said yes. It was amazing. Then we had Khajuan pray at the end. He asked if the book of mormon was true. After the prayer they were both just smiling. I go how do you feel right now? Khajuan respondes with "Well I asked him a question, and he answered. I know the book is true!" It was amazing!!!!! Then sunday Franky picked them up and they came to ALL of church and loved every second of it!!!!!!!! After church we invited them to be baptized again and asked when they would want to. They both said I don't know you pick a date. I am ready whenever. So we told them to pray about July 13th. They are so solid and seriously I love them both so much!! They are amazing and looking forward to next sunday when they can share their testimonies. I have never met anyone more prepared!!! They are both 19 too...so in about a year they will totally be going on missions! I am so excited!! The lord is really blessing us right now. This area is amazing and I am praying that I won't get transferred. Transfers happen on July 18th....so start praying now that I won't get transferred! The work really is taking off!
Also Mandy is just amazing and we were able to go to a baptism saturday with her. She loved it! We love her so much! Seriously she is amazing!!!
This week is just going to be amazing too! Man I am using amazing a lot, but missionary work really is the best!!!!! My testimony of the Lord's timing has just shot out this week. The lord's timing is perfect. Always remember that. He can see the end from the beginning. He knows us the best, so he knows what we need. Just make sure that we are always praying to him. He really does want to hear from us. He wants to hear everything!!
I love you all and miss you!! Being a missionary is the coolest experience anyone could ever have. I love it so much!!!
Love Sister Bevan!
P.s. thank you everyone for the birthday love! My birthday was great! My district/zone had a birthday party for me after I was finally able to leave the library basement!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment