Um..it is the end of July. Where did the time go?
So this week was just full of fantastic things!! We were able to go down to Nauvoo which is great! We were able to do a session on Friday which was exactly what I needed. I love the temple so much. If you haven't been in awhile then I would say go ASAP!!!!!! We went to the 4 o'clock session and didn't get out of the temple until 7! We were there for a long time but it was so great! After the temple we went to The Nauvoo hotel and ate at the buffet there! YUMMY food! That is where my subject line comes in. All the food is homemade! It was really delicious. Especailly the Cinnamin rolls! I am craving it now and my stomach is talking to the rest of the library. #embarrassing! After dinner it was time for the pageant. Seriously probably the best experience ever!!!!!! I bawled (surprised? haha) But really it was so great to be able to be there learning about the pioneer's and hearing actual stories of Nauvoo while being in Nauvoo. Such a great experience, everyone should try to go to the pageant at least once in their life!
Also this week's weather has been amazing! It feels like fall and I am loving it! The other night it was pouring rain outside so we opened the window and fell asleep to the rain. It was the best night's rest I have had since being out here. I woke up and new woman!! Seriously though this weather is the best thing to happen to me!
Our focus is on reactiving and we had a really cool experience with this, this week! On Tuesday we were just out doing some finding. There was a guy that was smiling at us so of course we go up and start talking to him. We set up a time to meet with him Wednesday. Well wednesday comes rolling around and low and behold we find out that he was baptized. He was baptized at 10 but stopped going to church because his mom moved away and such. She he hasn't been in about 7 years. Well the Lord really is pleased with us just reactivated considering we just keep finding them everywhere! We are going to teach him the lessons and get him coming to church! He is awesome and 19, so maybe he will be going on a mission too! But definitely a neat experience!
Now time for a really really funny story. A lot of people are moving right now due to contracts being up. Well one of the people moving was our less active member. He was moving out Saturday and we had plan to go to a baptism with Mandy but it got cancelled so we were walking back to our apartment to go eat dinner when we see our less active moving out. We stop by and ask if he needs any help. Well he was looking for a place to store his things since he can't move into his other apartment yet. We offered our living room (that way he has to see us again..smart right? yeah I know) Well he agreed. So we started caring his stuff up two blocks to our apartment. One of the things that we carried was his matress. Well since being a missionary you need to be comfortable being uncomfortable so we ended up putting the matress on our head and walking up the street to our apartment. We made a lot of people's days and seriously we got our name out there. We are thinking about printing out flyers with that picture and say we will help move you for free. I think it is a great idea! I am excited! But that is the funny story and I will be sending pictures!!!
Well I love you all and miss you! I want to commit you all to read Alma chapter 26. It is such an amazing chapter!!!
Love Sister Bevan!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment