My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 5, 2013

"Where was that train heading?"

So I am going to explain the subject line first. Sister Savage (Possibly the coolest senior sister out here) said this to her husband as we were role playing. He was saying something bearing his testimony then it was time to switch. He left it at a really awkward spot and then just basically yelled "Where was that train heading?!" Funniest thing ever! Literally I laughed so hard, so did everyone else that was in the meeting. Reading this back it doesn't sound funny...but if you knew her you'd be laughing too! I love the Savage's!
 
This week was kind of a slow one. We didn't have the opportunity to do a lot of finding because basically all we did was move people from one apartment to the next. We helped the 4th ward sisters move one of their investigators. Well she was a hoarder and also a cat lady. I literally just want to burn my clothes now. I had cat hair all over me and luckily we did that the 31st so I then was able to just throw my contacts away. It was disgusting and she never even once told us thank you. Instead she just kept complaining! Good news is though one of our less active members came and helped with that move! We were with him for 4 hours and now this week we are going to take him out to dinner or ice cream or something just to say thanks. Seriously...I feel bad he had to witness that!
 
Also this week we had the opportunity to have a lesson with one of our members. The Spirit was SO strong! It was exactly what he needed as well. I seriously love being a missionary and being able to witness the Spirit talking through you all the time! It was a blessing and after that lesson we were just loving life. I just can't get that feeling out of my head. Yesterday he bore his testimony and cried because it meant so much to him! I love being able to bless lives because of the Spirit. It really is the best thing in the world!
 
Yesterday we met with someone that I have ran into about 4 times on the street so I finally got his contact information. Well he came to church and loved it so that was great. After church we were talking to him and he goes okay we are just gonig to need to break the ice....so "I am gay". Excuse me haha...that was definitely nothing I was expecting. But in reality he is bisexual. So basically we are meeting with him again on Tuesday! He is great and really respects the Mormons and thinks that we are the best Christians. So that is cool right?
 
This week I had my first (kind of my first) baptism! I claim him as mine, he also claims me too! But it was such a neat opportunity! His name is Jacob. He is my neighbor and there was one P day where I was just getting my grocery's out of the car and started to talk to him. Well it turns out that he is 33 so I referred him to the 4th ward sisters. Well don't worry I kept talking to him and everything! Well he got baptized on thursday. Such a neat experience! I cried....surprised? Good! haha! But he asked if I would give the opening prayer! The night before too (because he helped us move crazy cat lady) we were just outside talking and I was telling him how proud I was of him and how excited I was for him. He goes, "well you know what, if it wasn't for you I would not be getting baptized tomorrow." Then even after he was baptized they had him share his thoughts and he goes "If it wasn't for Sister Bevan I wouldn't be here, so I thank her!" Anyway I count that as my baptism even if I wasn't the "official" missionary that taught him. The church really is so cool and I am happy to have met Jacob. Really he is awesome! I have a picture with him in white, so I will send that home eventually!
 
Honestly I think that is about it for this week. I want you all to know that I really do love being a missionary. It has brought me so many blessings. I am happy to be able to say that I am being used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. I love you all and I really miss you. I do have a testimony of this gospel. I know without a doubt that it is true. Without a doubt. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who died for ME. He literally has been in every low point of my life and every high point. I know that he has been there for yours too! I love you all and know that you are in my prayers!
 
Love,
Sister Missy Bevan!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment