My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 14, 2013

I regret to inform you that Sister Bevan was in an accident....

So as you can see from the picture we were in an accident this week. Well okay Sister harmon and I weren't, but our car was! Haha it was wednesday (our pday this week) and we were really sick. Like seriously delusional and felt gross so we just stayed in bed. But we finally were able to get out and go do our shopping. So we went to Walmart and when we got out there was a tuck that had hit our car. So basically we were there forever filling out paper work and what not. It was just a really crappy day. But there wasn't much damage....well it is still $1,000 worth of damage but not too bad. Plus we were all safe and no one was hurt!  But don't ever get in an accident on the mission, there is just way too much paper work that you have to do!

This week wasn't a very good one because we were sick for a lot of it so we didn't get too much good work done. I mean we still got another new investigator and still did a lot of good things and taught a lot of our other investigators but we just don't really remember a lot of this week because of medication hah! But we are both feeling a lot better today and this week we are ready to get out and tear macomb apart to find those who are ready to hear the gospel!

Here is my funny story for the week. Well I got a couple. First one. Because of being so sick I was exhausted all the time. Well we were doing companionship study and I literally fell asleep...like while I was talking haha! So Sister Harmon just decided to go make lunch until I woke up which was like 15 minutes later. But when I did wake up I just went on with whatever it was that I was saying before I fell asleep, but then I realized she wasn't there haha! Super funny! Also our church tour appointment canceled on us on thursday so as we were walking away from the church we felt defeated so we decided to do something way fun! We turned on my ipod with the speakers and walked into the sunset with it playing in my bag! HAHAHA it was seriously so funny! We felt like we were on a mormon message!

Now here is a really cute story. So one of the families in the ward I love so much! Well we drove down to stake conference with them. It is a mom and her three kids all under the age of 3. Well the girl that is 3 years old is adorable (well they all are and I love them so much) but she LOVES the temple so on the drive to Nauvoo for conference she was singing, "I da go to temple, I da go to there, I da see da temple, I da goin there!" Cutest thing in the world! I want her two girls to be my flower girls when I get married!

Stake conference was amazing, our president talked and said how we now have 300 missionaries so we really need the help of members to keep us busy. He said, "how many of you would want your sons or daughters to just be knocking on doors their entire mission? We need to fill there time and to be finding people!" It was really great and I am hoping a lot of good will come from it!

So I have been reading from the New Testament and I came across this story this week. It is such an amazing story! The lady had so much faith that she could be healed by just touching the Savior's clothing. What I find so amazing is the fact that Christ is so sensitive that he felt her touch his clothing, he stopped on his journey and talked to her and healed her.

 http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-heals-a-woman-of-faith?lang=eng

How many people are reaching out for us, but we are so busy that we don't take the time out to help them? There are only certain people that your testimony will touch. Only you can be the person that can help them come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ. Please be sensitive and constantly trying to see how you can help Christ.

Mark 11:22-24 is my scripture for this transfer. I am going to have that undoubting faith that we can find someone to be baptized this transfer. I know that it is possible!

Well I love you all and miss you! 6 months out! :)

Love Sister Bevan!

No comments:

Post a Comment