My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 7, 2013

"I wish people could smell our exhaust!"

So first of all this transfer went by WAY too fast!!!! I can't believe that it has already been a transfer! My transfer doctrine still hasn't come...so I can't really tell you what is happening to me. I am 90% sure that me and Sister Harmon are going to be staying here together in macomb! YAY! I love sister harmon! I did find out though that both  Sister Wolfgramm and Sister Kissner are going to be training. Sister kissner is going to stay in YSA and Sister Wolfgramm will be opening a new area (it sounds like she is going to get reassigned here. :( sad but good too) They are both going to do such an amazing job and I am so proud of them! I get to become a grandma now!! YAY!

Also news, this friday will be my 6 month mark! What the!! I can't believe how fast this mission is flying by. I feel like I haven't been out that long at all! But at the same time I feel like I have been out forever. Missionary time is the craziest thing in the world. I don't think I will ever get used to it!

So here is a funny story to tell everyone. Macomb is such a farm town. This is the directions we give to the church ya ready? "So you go down west adams and just keep going, you'll pass that corn field and it is right behind it. So once you see the corn field get ready to turn right. You'll turn right into the parking lot!" Then whenever we say that people always go OOOOOOOOH okay I know where that is! So funny!

This week we had to sadly say bye to Elder Lundgren. He was the visa waiter. He got his visa...it was really hard saying bye to him! We have great times but he is going to do awesome things in Brazil!

I hope that everyone got the chance to watch conference because it was AMAZING!!!!! Sorry there was no big announcement. Apparently people like to lie to their parents. But this is what I am thinking from the conference, I think that by the time I get home that Gay marriage will be legalized! Maybe that was the hidden big announcement! who knows! It was also really cool to see Wyett and Bill singing in the choir! I freaked out and showed everyone who my cousin and uncle were!! (hopefully they read this so they know how cool they are now here in the Macomb ward haha)

Update on investigator...she stood us up three times this week. :( it was really frustrating. We went to her house and I told Sister harmon that she might have to do the talking because I was really upset. She told us that she didn't want to stray from her christian beliefs but still wanted to come do a church tour. So we told her how we truly are christians. I was a really good girl and explained it all nicely, don't worry. But we decided that this week we are going to go over there every day and share a scripture about Christ with her! She is awesome though and is so prepared. She just needs to not let people whisper in her ears!

Good news is we got two new investigators this week! They are both really awesome, but have crazy schedules so it is hard to meet with them a lot. Our biggest challenge with them will be to get them so stop smoking! But they are both really prepared and was eating up what we taught them about the plan of salvation!

So missionary work is exhausting. That is where the subject line comes from! Also another really funny quote from Sister Harmon is "well...are we going to lesson them!" It probably isn't funny to anyone else but we surely laugh every time! We think we are hilarious...but that is because we are! I love being a missionary so much! I get to experience miracles every day! I come to love in a way that God loves! It is amazing! I know with my whole heart that the church is true. I know that the book of mormon is true. It can answer any question you have!! If you don't believe me then I want to challenge you to try it out.

I love you all and miss you so much!

Love Sister Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment