So missions are kind of a funny thing. Some weeks are really fast, some are really slow. Well this week was really slow. Sister Harmon and I are both so grateful that this week is now over. We were both just really struggling and didn't really want to be here anymore. On tuesday we finally had a church tour with our investigator that we had been trying to set appointments with and she kept bailing. Well it finally happened and it was a complete train wreck. She brought her cousin a long and her cousin came with a purpose. She wanted to prove that we were wrong. So she tried to bible bash us and tell us how we were wrong. We tried to explain what we believed and everything but she was just so stubborn that she would not listen. So we both were like well we can't help you. Luckily after that lesson we had a lesson with our other investigator who is awesome! He is progressing and I think good things will happen with him. We are planning so set up a baptismal date with him tonight. But honestly that lesson with him was the only good thing that happened this week.
It is so funny how before the mission I expect to get out here and to find families to baptize! Well that doesn't happen very often, I have been out almost 7 months and I still don't even have a baptism. It makes me feel like I am bad missionary. Which I know I am not but it still feels that way.
We did come up with some new finding techniques this last week. I lost my name tag walking home one night and a lady found it and called the church. I was so upset because I couldn't find my tag and it was really stressing me out. But thankfully this good Samaritan found it and called the church. When we met up with her she said that she was a christian herself and knew that this probably meant a lot to me. So we talked to her for a bit and she was saying how she just moved back here to Macomb and her and her husband are looking for a church that would be a happy medium between their beliefs. So we got a potential from me losing my name tag. So that was cool. Also we tried just singing at the doorstep. Hahahahaha a member that went on a mission told us that her and her companion would do that and every time she go in the door....well we didn't have that success. We might try again this week. But it is probably my singing voice that made them not want to let us in.
Sorry this is kind of a negative letter. Hopefully this next week will be better. Missions are hard. They definitely are not for Sissy's. Satan is just trying to get me down. He knows me so he knows my weaknesses and how best to knock me down. But this is why we have companions. To help us along our way. I am happy to be a missionary! On to a new week!
http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/the-prodigal-son?lang=eng
http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-declares-the-parable-of-the-lost-sheep?lang=eng
These are stories that I have studied this past week. (I couldn't decided what video to link) I really love them because they show perfectly how much our Father in Heaven loves us. No matter how far off the path you get, no matter what things you do. Our Father in Heaven WILL welcome us back with open arms. He loves us so much that he WILL want to give us all his precious and best things. It is so comforting to know that he does love us and care about us. All He wants is for us to come back home to Him. I know that my Father knows me, I know that he knows each of you. He really truly knows you and loves you. That is why I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am able to help people find their way back home. To help them to get that desire to be able to return to their Father in Heaven. How great is my calling! It can be hard and trying at times, but I know that it will be all worth it when I have the chance to be able to see those I meet return to their Father. It will be a wonderful reunion and I am glad that I get to be apart of it. What are you doing to find his lost sheep?It is so funny how before the mission I expect to get out here and to find families to baptize! Well that doesn't happen very often, I have been out almost 7 months and I still don't even have a baptism. It makes me feel like I am bad missionary. Which I know I am not but it still feels that way.
We did come up with some new finding techniques this last week. I lost my name tag walking home one night and a lady found it and called the church. I was so upset because I couldn't find my tag and it was really stressing me out. But thankfully this good Samaritan found it and called the church. When we met up with her she said that she was a christian herself and knew that this probably meant a lot to me. So we talked to her for a bit and she was saying how she just moved back here to Macomb and her and her husband are looking for a church that would be a happy medium between their beliefs. So we got a potential from me losing my name tag. So that was cool. Also we tried just singing at the doorstep. Hahahahaha a member that went on a mission told us that her and her companion would do that and every time she go in the door....well we didn't have that success. We might try again this week. But it is probably my singing voice that made them not want to let us in.
Sorry this is kind of a negative letter. Hopefully this next week will be better. Missions are hard. They definitely are not for Sissy's. Satan is just trying to get me down. He knows me so he knows my weaknesses and how best to knock me down. But this is why we have companions. To help us along our way. I am happy to be a missionary! On to a new week!
http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/the-prodigal-son?lang=eng
http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-declares-the-parable-of-the-lost-sheep?lang=eng
No comments:
Post a Comment