My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 21, 2013

"We are going to BoM the world!"-Hannah

So basically one word to describe this past week is EXPLOSION. Literally the work has taken off this past week and it is so fun to see! We were able to get three new investigators and 2 of them are super solid! I can totally see them being baptized within this transfer!!! I am hoping and praying since our mission president gave us the goal of a baptism a transfer, I want to be able to achieve that goal! So hopefully good things will come out of it. But this week was such a good one. I basically had no time to think!

We met with some members this week and had a really good lesson. This is where my subject line comes from! Hannah who is a 13 (well almost) young woman and I came up with this really great saying! It was seriously so funny! So I challenged her to BoM the world! I gave her two Books of Mormon to start with! When Elder Gay came to the mission though he said something really awesome, which this is what we shared with the members. He said, "We need to flood the earth like in the times of Noah. But instead of flooding the earth with water we need to flood the earth with Books of Mormon!" So basically we and our members are going to BoM the world. Cheesy I know but hey it works!

Even though we were able to get a lot of new investigators it was really tough to meet with our other investigators because they are so busy and never home! We were able to set up a church tour with one of them though for tomorrow, so hopefully it works out! Sometimes I just hate how busy people are!

I have a couple of funny stories from the week! First story is that Sister Harmon got her first hit on since being on the mission! It was so funny! He asked her on a date and asked to take her picture and I just started laughing so hard! It really was so funny at first. But then he started to follow us from bus to bus. So then things got real creepy and he became her stalker. So now we are being really careful to watch out from him and run when we do see him. But he bought her a chocolate bar! What a sweetie hahaha!

The second fun story! So this week we have been working so hard that we come home so exhausted. Which is great! But one night this week, I fell asleep again while talking (surprise there haha not!) but so apparently Sister Harmon made some really big noise because she fell and caught herself on my bed. Well I didn't wake up so she was like yep she is really out! Anyway she just started stretching then I opened my eyes and literally jumped so high because it freaked me out that she was standing right there! We laughed for a little while and then I fell asleep again! It was pretty funny! Probably not as funny for whoever is reading this!

Third funny story. Skirts and bikes. It is so hard to get on a bike all lady like when you have a skirt on! hahahahahahahaha! Also the bikes we have are just so funny because they struggle so much! My seat kept turning in circles and Sister Harmon's bikes handle bars are upside down! The struggle was so real! But we had a great time! Also we were biking to the church to set up a church tour and our investigator showed up right next to me and I was struggling so much because I was talking on the phone and trying to keep my skirt down and ride my bike all at the same time. He had a good laugh!

Well I hope that everyone is doing well! Know that I love you and pray for you a lot!!!!  I know that this church is so true and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be on the Lord's Errand. How great is my calling!!!!

Love Sister Bevan


Here is a picture of me and all my babies! I love them! Hopefully soon I will be able to get a picture of all my posterity!
Here is Sister Harmon and I right before her stalker came!

No comments:

Post a Comment