My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 4, 2013

"My hair, it's like a weather forecast!"-Sister Harmon

So this week was a pretty good one I guess you could say. We did a lot a service and I like service! Monday night we went over and had family home evening with sweet Janice. Oh we love her so much! But it was great! Then we went to go to meeting with our investigator Rob. Well it was really great and the spirit was super strong. We set a baptism date with him of Nov. 16th! But don't get too excited because this morning he called and said that he received his answer and that this wasn't for him. But please keep him in your prayers. We are going to keep on him and just to love the crap out of him and just not talk about baptism right now. But we want to still go over and meet with him.

On tuesday we spent the entire day just raking leaves at a members house! It was so great because we were burn the leaves too. So basically I got to play with fire all day on tuesday and that was just great! It was so therapeutic too, especially being able to just zone out and stare at the fire. I was able to do a lot of thinking! But man I have missed fire! It was really great because then we just smelt like fire all day. It made me feel like I had been camping. That is one thing I am going to do when I get back is go camping...a lot!

Wednesday was a great day! We were able to go have interviews with President Jensen and he really helped me out a lot. He told me that even though I don't have any baptisms that I had played a part in a lot of people's lives. So I was really grateful to be able to talk to him. He also reminded me that the savior went through much worse. He was perfect and people still rejected him. Missions are not suppose to be easy. But that day was really rainy. I was getting ready to start building an ark. I thought maybe that would get people's attention! :) But on the way out from interviews I was trying to walk out the door, but instead I tried to walk out of the window/door frame. Everyone laughed really hard. I just turned around and walked away. It was really funny! But hey good to know I am still my clutzy self right? That night was also the trunk or treat at our church. The kids looks adorable so that was fun to be there! That is the picture of our trunk and what not! That is where my subject line comes from...Sister Harmon gets a fro when it is humid! Super fun hahahahahaha! Oh yeah during interviews we found out that we should be getting our Ipads by April and when we get the Ipads we will become facebook missionaries. Kind of crazy! Also there are no new girls coming out this next transfer so 99.99% sure that sister harmon and I will still be together! YAY!!! There is just so much work to be done!

Thursday was just a really funny day. Everyone was talking to us since it was Halloween. They all though that we were just dressed up as Mormon Missionaries. They didn't think we were real. Then when we tried to offer them a Book of Mormon they were like...oh you are real? So that was pretty funny! Then we had to be in by 6 so we crafted for the rest of the night! I love planner art! Oh but Halloween night I did get hit on by two black guys! So I must admit...I might have done a little flirting to converting haha! Just kidding I was completely professional and told them that I can't date while on my mission. Sometimes being a sister missionary is just really funny!

Friday I was a little loopy. Sister Harmon said some funny quotes. One of which was "If we were both non members then I would give you drugs..that would be funny! You'd also be my best drinking buddy!" Good thing we are both members and live the word of wisdom! She also said to me, "You are more funny when you are awake!" Apparently this week I have been really funny. I don't know why though! Oh yeah also she says that I have snored twice this week! OH NO!!!! I need to stop that. And last night I talked to her in my sleep, trying to convince her that I wasn't asleep.

Saturday we helped out one of our member's dad who is not a member. We helped him in this house he is working on. We washed paint of the window seals that are wood. That house is soooooo pretty though! He told me that after my mission if I come back to Macomb I can live in it! Seriously it is beautiful!

Well that was basically my week. We did get contacted finally by one of our investigators and yesterday we were at a less active family's house for awhile and we laughed a lot! So that was really great, my head hurt after! But this week hopefully we will be able to meet with Rob and figure out what is going on! Well this is a really long one! So I am going to go now! I love you all and miss you all so much! Remember to choose the right!

Love, Sister Missy Bevan! :)

1 comment: