My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 18, 2013

"We are preparing the world for...is my zipper down?"-Bro. White

Okay just to clear the air, I am safe and no tornadoes came through Macomb. There were some really close by that did some damage, but we are all safe here. The wind was blowing super hard though yesterday! It was pretty funny and the sky looked a little scary! Oh but today this guy was backing up and literally came an inch from pinning me between our car and his...so I almost didn't get to email you! But I made a loud noise and he stopped reversing. So I am good!

This week was a really good one! Oh man it was amazing! We had zone p-day which was just a blast. We were playing kickball outside and it started SNOWING!!!!! So monday and tuesday it snowed! But then later on in the week it was in the upper 60's so it all melted! But we have some great plans for when it snows...be looking forward to pictures! :) Also this week I super glued my fingers together on accident. That was really funny! Sister Harmon was on the phone and I was getting impatient but I couldn't do anything because my hands were glued together. But she helped me out...so that is great!

Also this week we got to teach a religion class at the college!! Oh my goodness so fun! The teacher said to us that we got the class to connect to us more then anyone has ever gotten them to connect...him included! So that was so great! We gave out 4 book of mormons because of that! So maybe something good will come from that!

I have also discovered that when you are on a mission you check your text message like 500 times before you send it. It is pretty funny! :) but hey our text messages are always great and really thought out! But this week I have some exciting news to report on! The lady who found my name tag became a new investigator!!!!!! YAY!!!! We gave her a church tour on thursday, but she suffers from really bad anxiety so she said that she would come to church not this sunday but next. 30 minutes after we were done with her she called and said that she had felt something with us that she has not felt in years and that she would like to have a ride to church on sunday. So her and her son and her future brother in law came to church! it was amazing! The ward did SUCH AN AMAZING JOB at fellowshipping her! Oh it was amazing...plus it was the primary program. Not a better week to come to! But anyway...satan sucks bascially. Today she texted us and told us that she does not want to have anything to do with us anymore. That was a downer. Sister Harmon and I decided that we just don't like Mondays!

Rob is awesome and loves to meet with us but he didn't come to church on sunday because he wanted to be a stinker I guess! Now he won't return our phone calls anymore. But we had such an amazing lesson with him on Friday. The Spirit was seriously there so strong! The member that came with us bore such an amazing testimony too! Then he prayed and said how he was thankful that the Lord was leading him in His path!  So we don't know what happened there. We are going to bus stalk him to figure out what is going on.

Satan stinks that is the end. So no one let satan get to them okay?

Oh I guess that maybe I should explain my subject line. So this happened while in Institute this week! Oh man the funniest lesson ever. Well he said something to make fun of me so we were all a little distracted and just laughing and he was in the middle of his sentence and realized we were all laughing so he was like is my zipper down? It was really funny. Probably not to you all!

OH YEAH!!! Other good news. We have a standing appointment on fridays to meet with our investigator that we had a church tour with and her cousin just bashed with us! But every friday we go into her home and will study the bible with her. We are studying acts. What a better chapter to study that supports our church and how it is set up! So that was excited!

Also I had an email from Mandy today that just made my whole week! (There is my shout out to you Burns!)

Well I love you all and miss you!

Love Sister Bevan

p.s. transfer doctrine hasn't come yet so I am going to assume that I am staying in Macomb with Sister Harmon for another transfer yay!!! :)



Aren't we just good together?! haha She is excited to meet the family come Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment