So this was a week full of service! I literally think that since I wasn't home to help move into the new house Heavenly Father decided that this week I would have to move everyone in Macomb. I moved 2 people this week and have helped pack lots! It is crazy! One of the people we moved is a less active who hasn't come to church since 2005. She was living down in Rushville and FINALLY got a place in Macomb so we moved her from Rushville to Macomb! It was seriously such a good move for her! She was able to come to church yesterday too which was fantastic! Her grandson lives with her and is not a member, so we have a potential there. He is not ready yet she says but we will give it a couple of more weeks. The other family we moved were the Inman's who are a recent convert! Well I guess all we did was pack some stuff and put it in there car because they are moving to Cedar Falls. But that is where this picture comes in. Their cat just stayed on my back and was licking my hair as I was trying to pack. Pretty funny! Sushi (the cat) stayed on my back for 15 minutes! So I was hunch back for a little while.
Also on Saturday I got to mow the Rands lawn and split some wood! It was so great! So as you can see this week really was just a service one! We did get to meet with Rob this week though. We discovered that his prayer wasn't really specific. He just prayed to show him which path to take then went to bed. When he woke up he felt peaceful so he took that as a sign that he needed to walk away. We told him to be really specific when he prayers. So he was going to try that over the weekend. We are going to meet with him tonight. So hopefully he will have received a definite answer that he should continue to learn. If he still thinks that this is not what he is to do then we will have to drop him. :(
Good news though, I was looking at the mission email and there are 3 baptisms that will be happening in YSA this month. THREE!!!!! How exciting is that! I am really proud of Sister Kissner and the work she is doing there! My baby is awesome! Also Sister Wolfgramm will be having a baptism this weekend too! So really I am just proud of all of my babies! I can't believe how grown up they are haha! Anyway things are going good here in Macomb! Our biggest struggle is trying to get people to actually meet with us. Most of our investigators we set a time to meet with them then they just aren't there are what not. So hopefully things will work out where we will be able to meet with them!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2714780496001&cid=HPWE110613145
I love this Mormon Message, God really will provide us with the right answer. He will be able to lead us in the direction he wants us to go. Sometimes he sends us another way so that we can learn and know for a certainty that we are headed the right way. Be not afraid, do not jump the ship when things get hard. The Lord will provide. He will help us. He knows what is best for us. In every trial, in every hard thing, try to see what you can learn from it. There is always something to be learned. I know that for me not getting baptisms is so that I stop comparing myself to others. That has always been a struggle with me, I compare myself to everyone. This has taught me that the Lord has other plans for me, but I know that he is pleased with the work I am doing. I can't believe I have been out 7 months now! I love you all and miss you! Have a good week and remember that the Lord loves you! http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2714780496001&cid=HPWE110613145
Love,
Sister Missy Bevan
P.s. Family, have fun in Oregon! Enjoy Tracktown for me and get some doughnuts! GO UTES! (I hope they will actually win!)
No comments:
Post a Comment