My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 25, 2013

"I just feel really bad because it just felt like I was yelling at Jesus!"-Sister Harmon

Well happy thanksgiving week! I hope that you all enjoy eating a lot and getting really full! But make sure as you are doing that that you stop and think about all the things you are grateful for. I know that for me I am so grateful for my knowledge of this gospel. I am so grateful for the Atonement. And even though it is really hard I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to grow and learn as I help others to come to Christ.

This week we were able to take a little road trip down to a little tiny town in our area. It was a great road trip and really fun being in the car. But...unfortunately no one down there liked us. In fact they all kind of hated us. But that is okay because I was able to see a lot of Horse and Buggy's! Man those things are so cute! I don't even want a car anymore! I just want a horse and buggy! Also we stopped by one of our less active members house and we just kind of parked the car by their mailbox and were thinking of things we could say to her when she pulled up in her car. Her husband came on got the mail and looked into our car to see who we were basically. Super awkward. So then we were like OH NO what do we do?! So we prayed and decided that we just needed to leave!
So we pulled away and her husband was just staring out of the kitchen window. It literally looked like a scene from a scary movie! So that was funny! Then we started to drive home and I got the car up to 120!
 
I  guess I am still the same little speed demon!......Okay so I really didn't got that fast. That was in Kilometers. But that was fun when we discovered that you could change from MPH to KMH! It is really fun to watch it haha!

This week I learned how great it is to be a Sister Missionary. We got invited to the activity days princess party! OH my goodness it was so fun and so elaborate! Hopefully they will be putting pictures up on my facebook. But it really was so much fun!

We also were able to meet with Rob twice this week. That was great! He actually called us to set up the appointment too! He is having a really hard time with accepting Joseph Smith. I honestly think that is the only thing holding him back. So we are meeting with him tonight and we are going to watch the Restoration dvd with him. Hopefully he will feel the Spirit!

Well I love you all! There is only 30 more days until Christmas! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!! Then at the end of this transfer I will have been out 9 months. That is half way! Where did the time go? Seriously! Have a good thanksgiving and remember all the blessings we have in our life as sons and daughters of God!


Love Sister Missy Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment