My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 14, 2014

"I may have just kicked your child....she appears to be fine though"-Sister Chirinos

First of all.....I cannot believe that I have officially been out a year! This year has just flown by! I have changed so much but it is a change for the better! My testimony has gotten even stronger, which is a good thing since in conference they talked about deepening our roots! Being a missionary is so great though! I love it! Some days are hard...most days are hard. But then you go to bed and get back to work the next day. There is positive in everyday though! I learned from Sister Berg to have a miracle box on everyday where you write in what the miracle was for that day and it helps a lot to see the Lord's hand in everyday!
 
First thing to talk about....the Prison dinner! Man that was just the greatest way to spend my year mark! I love those guys so much! I got teary eyed a lot because they were just talking about how much they appreciated us! It was so great! I didn't realize how much us going in affects them. But seriously that will probably be a night that I will never forget. I just really wanted to hug them all! They are all so amazing and will do good things when they get out. I tried to convince them to move out to Utah! :) They told me that they will think about it! Haha! But we had a delicious dinner of Prime Ribs! It was huge. They made fun of me because I couldn't eat all my food! Needless to say I love the Prison so much and when I get home I am going to teach lessons at the Prison in Utah!
 
This week we were also able to be blessed with gaining three new investigators! Man they are all amazing! One of them is our neighbor Tammy. She is the one that we found last week on our way to come email. She is praying about the date of May 7th! We are going to be meeting with her again tonight! She is amazing and has really recognized how much the Lord loves her! THe next one is Ahron. She is one that lives in the house that has Utes and Jazz stuff in the window! We found out that her boyfriend is a less active member. So we requested his records into our ward and then she is looking for a church that her whole family could go to...pretty sure we are centered on families! It was great! The third one is the prisoners wife! She accepted the Restoration, but she is deeply rooted into the Catholic church. But with prayer and time I think she will accept it!
 
The family that we found two weeks ago, we stopped by but they told us to give them another week or two. But don't worry, he is going to be talking to his wife! I love that family so much! They have two daughters and every time we are there they just come running towards us! They are Heaven sent.
 
When we were at a members house last night I saw this really cool thing they printed out. It says, "You were born to be real, not to be perfect!" I love that so much because most the time we get so upset because we aren't perfect. Just remember that we are here to grow and learn and strive to be perfect. One day we will be perfect but that is one day.....not right now! So if you are struggling because you don't think you are perfect....DON'T! You were born to be real!
 
Well that is all that I have for this week! Know that I love you all and miss you very much! I hope that you all have a Happy Easter as well. Remember what the true meaning of Easter is!
Love Always, Sister Missy Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment