My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 7, 2014

"I smoke the good stuff.....Jesus"-Brother Rhoten

So this week was a week FULL of miracles! Seriously though! It was the most spiritual week of my life! We were able to find an amazing family that is totally prepared. We hopefully will be able to teach them this week. But  the way we found them was COMPLETELY led by the Spirit. It is something that is really sacred to Sister Chirinos and me, so right now at this time we aren't going to share all the details. When they get baptized though we will. Don't worry I have it all written down in my journal so I won't be forgetting it any time soon!
 
Also this week we found a potential that is from Brazil. I am able to speak to her in a little Portuguese and she LOVES IT! Shout out to Sister Wolfgramm for being so awesome and teaching me Portuguese! Also my District leader gave me all his Spanish books so I can learn Spanish. I am  going to come home from my mission multilingual! You all better watch out!
 
It is so crazy to me that this week marks my year mark! I can't believe it has been a year. I can honestly say this year has been the most trying year of my life. But is has also been the best year of my life. I can't believe that I only have 6 months left. 6 months is a lot of time, but I know it is going to go so fast. So I am going to live it up to the fullest! On my actual year mark we get to go to the Prison and have dinner. So I am so excited to see some of my favorite boys and spend time with them on my year mark! It is going to be so good. From what I understand there is going to be GOOD food too! That is always a plus. I will also be burning my tights......so pray that the weather will be okay from here on out so that my leggys don't freeze!
 
General conference was amazing! I  hope that you were all able to enjoy it. I love being able to watch conference! This conference we watched all of them in the Chapel. That was a really neat experience. I have never watched every conference in the chapel. I did stay awake for it all though, so that was a pretty proud moment of my life. However I wish that I could still watch conference from a couch. That would be much more comfortable.
 
So update on Damian...he isn't going to be able to get baptized anytime soon. He actually has to get permission from the First presidency. So that will take a long time. June will be the earliest that he will be able to get baptized. But he came to conference and loved it! He actually wanted to move his date up. But that isn't possible!
 
This week really was just such a good week. I am so spiritually exhausted! But that is a good type of exhaustion to be!
 
Well I love you all and miss you so much! If you didn't get the chance to hear David A Bednar's talk from the Sunday morning session I encourage you all to look it up. It was amazing and really put into perspective why things happen. The thing I got most out of conference is the fact that things are going to be getting harder so make sure that your faith is firmly planted in the gospel. You can do this by the little things: going to church, praying and reading. We call this CPR on the mission. Know that I am praying for you all! Love you and have a great week!
 
Love Sister Missy Bevan
 
I testify that Faith is a powerful thing! It really does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment