My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 14, 2014

"Boone...where the family tree is a wreath!"-Alex

Well this week was a great one! We went on exchanges. I got to go to Ames with Sister Egbert and Sister Hosteenez stayed in Boone with Sister Nye! Seriously so much fun. Sister Egbert planned my life after the mission. It was pretty funny! But I really love Ames. Even though I don't get to officially be called to serve there I am glad that I get to go on exchanges there a lot! :) Ames is great! 
Wednesday when I got back we got to go and meet with Ann Marie. We set a date with her! She will be getting baptized on September 6th! YAY!!!!! She is this really awesome lady. She just moved from Chicago to Boone to live in a safer place! But she is doing really good. Absolutely loved the plan of salvation, I mean who wouldn't! But she has 3 kids. They are 14, 12, and 8! So There is a potential of 4 baptisms right there! :) They really are such a great family though! 

Also there was this less active that we have been trying to find. Well we thought that she had died...because everytime we went to her apartment her cat would be meowing at us like crazy...there were a bunch of flies in the window too. Her windows have been opened for the last two weeks as well and it has been like pouring rain! Kind of crazy! Anyway we have been worried about her. So we called the STL's and our district leader to find out what we should do. Well the district leader didn't answer but the STL's did. They said to call the relief society president. So we did and found out that she is now in a nursing home haha....and the reason the district leader didn't answer was because they were giving that less active that we thought was dead a blessing! Super funny! 

Michaela's baptism was wonderful! It was so great to be able to go back to the Dirty Dodge and see everyone again. I seriously love that place so much. Family you should probably be praying that I get into nursing school in Utah because Fort Dodge has a nursing program! heheh! But Michaela said that after she was baptized she was the happiest that she has ever been! I love her so much! It was also super great because she got to go to Girls' camp this week too. So the week before her baptism was just a spiritual high because she was at girls camp! But we got to go up there on the wednesday night and be apart of the devotional and eat dinner with them and everything! It was so great! I just love being a missionary. The Fort Dodge young women cried when I walked into the door. It was so great! I just love Fort Dodge...I love Boone too, but it was just amazing to get to go back and see everyone again. Fort Dodge changed my life! 

Well I love you all. I am going to leave you with a spiritual thought. So everyone thinks that Revelations was the last book written and that is not the case. The last book written was the Gospel of John. So I want you to all look at the very last verse that was ever written in the bible John 21:25....tell me that the Book of Mormon is not true. I am so grateful to be able to be apart of this work. Seriously being a missionary has been one of the greatest things...well the greatest thing that I have done in my life! I love you all and will see you on October 17th....crazy how fast that is going to come! 

Love Sister Missy Bevan

​MIchaela on her baptism day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment