My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 7, 2014

"I have more teeth in my mouth then Iowa combined!"-Elder Baxter

So this week was a super slow one. We weren't able to teach like any lessons because everyone was so busy! But that is okay because this week will be so much better! 
We are all moved into the new apartment and we are loving it! Seriously it is so cute! There is 46 stairs that we get to climb every day multiple times a day.....my legs will be looking so great! YAY! But the new apartment really is treating us so well! We are becoming professional train watchers because the tracks are right by our house. We are also living above a pizza restaurant...it always smells so good! 

For the 4th of July we got to be with a lot of members and it was really fun. THat morning the ward had a breakfast which was delicious. Then for lunch we went to lunch with the Elders and had a great time. Then we weekly planned and then we got picked up by members and went to a cook out and just had so much fun. We were going to go to the fireworks but we had to be in by 10 and the fireworks hadn't started yet. But the people acrossed from the members we were at were firing off some illegal fireworks so we got to watch that! They got in trouble with the cops. Brought me back to the good old days. Man the 4th made me really trunky! 

We also had zone training meeting this week which was great! The new elder that just came out from Malad said the funniest thing..."the first door we knocked on, I felt like I was going to pooped my pants!"-Elder Bowman. 

Oh yeah we got the cops called on us saturday. The guy claimed we were using narcotics. So the cops came up to us and was like yeah I don't have any suspecions but he ran our drivers liscences and everything. I go you can search the truck but all you'll find is copies of the Book of Mormon and some pamphlets. Then he started asking us questions....pretty sure he'll get baptized some day! But dream came true...I finally had the cops called on me! hahahahah! 

Well that is about all I got for now! I love you all and miss you lots! I know that this church is true. I am so grateful to be able to be serving a mission and being able to serve the Lord Full-time. I have the greatest job in the world! 

You should all read Jacob 5. I read that today...such a great chapter! 

Well love you all! 
Love Sister Missy Bevan

p.s. I forgot my camera so no pictures this week. 
p.p.s I get to go to lunch today with sister Bair and her kids! YAYA!!!! and then saturday I get to go to Fort Dodge. So excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment