Well drum roll please..............I AM TRAINING AGAIN! I will get my baby on Thursday! So Sister Hosteenez is leaving and I will be training for my last two transfers. I can't believe it! I will have trained for over half of my mission! But I am excited to be able to stay here in Boone. I will miss Sister Hosteenez but it will be good!
So this last Thursday at district meeting I tried to play the piano........hahahahahahahahahahaha I was doing good when no one was singing to it. But when they started singing I completely failed. So really they just mainly sang acapella! Well the Elders were good sports and told me that I did good anyway. But that is also where my quote came from. I was really tired and we were going over a prayer roll for the district and the Boone elders were talking about this man that just keeps bible bashing them and I just went he doesn't need to be prayed for. I felt super bad afterwards. But everyone just laughed then made fun of me the rest of the meeting!
I was also able to receive really good news this week. Damien (from Fort Dodge) got approved from the first presidency! HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! His date is for August 9th. I am so happy for him! I can't even believe it. Sister Chirinos called and we were talking about it and apparently he just was like "Sister Bevan and Batty found me. They found me when I needed it most! I have been waiting for this day for 5 years and now it can finally happen!" Then apparently he goes "you know what's even cooler....President Monson literally had a say in me getting baptized. Not everyone can say that!" Man I am so happy for him! He is amazing! I don't know if I will be able to go...but hopefully I will! I love Damien!
This weekend we were able to go to the temple and go to the pageant. The Nauvoo pageant is just amazing! It was so funny because we went with Brother and Sister Johnson! They are great! but Brother Johnson just kept trying to set me up with all these people. He would be like she goes home in October. You could wait that long right?! He kept asking people if they wanted my digits too. It was so funny! It reminded me a lot of dad! But we didn't get home until 4:30! YUCK! so we got two hours of sleep then went to church. Prayers were so hard. We didn't know if our eyes would open back up! haha!
But I love you all! I hope you are doing good! Know that I love and miss you all! I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time. I am excited for the experiences that I will continue to have!
Love, Sister Missy Bevan
p.s. Ann Marie just snuck up behind us and scared us! I love Ann Marie! She is doing really good! She'll be coming to church on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment