This week was SUPER full of walking! Man my legs are just looking so good with all this walking and this stair climbing....be prepared! haha! But seriously in one day we walked the entire area of Boone. It was crazy! But good news is I have been sleeping so well at night! Now that the weather is getting hot this week we have the truck too! We are super lucky! Poor elders!
We were blessed with getting three new investigators last week! They are awesome!!!!! :) It was a lady and her daughter and her best friend. They are awesome. She also has two other daughters....one of which really really wants to be baptized. So we will be meeting with them again this week! YAY!!!! I love missionary work....especially when there are people to teach!
Also this week we were walking and our appointment cancelled on us. But we were just walking down the street and this summer salesman was walking towards us and goes "Hi sisters!" Come to find out that he is a member! so that was awesome! He was with a group of 4 people. Three of which are all returned missionaries! He texted the nonmember and asked where he was at then he sent us to him hahah! It was so funny! The nonmember had no idea that it was set up. But we gave him our card and he was like my coworkers are going to get a laugh out of this! It was seriously so funny. I have confidence that he will get baptized soon!
Also this week we had zone conference. We found out that we are getting ipads and will become facebook missionaries sometime in September possibly first week in October. So I will get to be an online missionary for about a week. But I will still be able to tell me kids that I was one of those hip missionaries! :) haha!
President Jensen said some funny things at zone conference as always. But this time at zone conference he was talking about the first vision. Well this is what he said, "I saw a pillar of light standing above me in the air......WELL THAT'S DIFFERENT! Calling me by name......So they knew he wasn't just some random guy in the forest. That's great! They know us!!!!" I know that probably doesn't sound as funny...but if you were able to be there to experience it you would be on the floor laughing. If I wasn't sitting down then I would be!
P.s. we get to go to the temple on Saturday the 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get to go to the Nauvoo paganent as well. I am a super blessed missionary because I get to go to it twice on my mission. But I am so excited to be able to get to go to the temple. On the 26th is will have been exactly one year since I got to go to the temple! Man I love temples!
watch this and just be as excited with me okay!!!! Well I love you all and I miss you very much! Not too much longer and I will be home!!!!!! Take care and read your scriptures. I hope you are all doing well on my book of mormon challenge. You have 12 weeks to finish it. I will be following up!
Love Sister Missy Bevan!
No comments:
Post a Comment