My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 30, 2014

"It's because of you we don't go naked!"-Sister Hosteenez!

First of all thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. My birthday was great! We got to go to girls camp and meet with the girls there and talk about how they can be missionaries. Seriously it was so fun! Now we are trying to convince our stake to let us go to our girls camp because it is going to be at the same place. The lady said that she will think about it haha! But pray that we get to. I would love to go again! After girl's camp we got the privilege of going out to dinner with President and Sister Jensen! It was so fun! I love those two so much! They called us tuesday morning and said hey we want to take you and the elders out to dinner because we are going to be in Boone. They even sang happy birthday to me. Super funny! I love the Jensen's! 
This week has also been a week full of storms and we didn't have the truck....so we got drenched. Literally.....drenched. We didn't take any pictures because our cameras would have been killed. We finally made it to a members and waited there for an hour for the rain to stop....by the time we left we were still soaked. So we went back home and changed. P.s. it takes over an hour for us to walk for the members house that we are living in to our area. Super fun.....not really. Especially since it was raining like all week. But good news is we are moving into our apartment today!!!! YAY!!!!!! So here is my address for probably the rest of my mission:

906 9th Street Apt. F
Boone, Iowa 50036

Also we don't really have any investigators so this week was filled with finding. But we were able to find 3 new investigators. So that is great! Hopefully they will be able to progress soon. They seem to want to learn just for academic reasons....but just wait until they fill the spirit....then they will be hooked haha! But they are all really great. One of the investigators we picked up actually just moved from Fort Dodge.....so we were able to really connect. She even gave me the address of her son that lives there so I gave a referral to the elders in Fort Dodge...it didn't go so well haha! 

Oh yeah all the missionaries spoke in church yesterday. It was super great! Unfortunately no investigators wanted to come hear us speak. But that is okay!

But Michaela is still set to be baptized on the 12th....and I will be able to go if I find a ride! So pray that I find a ride! But that is about it this week. The Spirit is so real. I know that I am nothing without the spirit so I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be able to have the gift of the holy ghost! Such a special gift to have! 

Love you all and miss you very much! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you here in Boone! Enjoy the 4th...and please stay safe!!! LOVE YOU

Love Sister Missy Bevan

p.s. I want to share another quote from Sister Hosteenez....she was reading preach my gospel this morning and looks at me and goes "did you know that when we die we will become transformers" hahahahahaha she is a funny squirrel


"I don't know about you...but I'm feelin 22!" Do I look older? This was on my birthday
​
​

No comments:

Post a Comment