My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 16, 2014

"I don't crack jokes I am just humorous, all I do is talk and you all laugh at me!"-President Jensen



 
    From: Melissa Bevan (melissa.bevan@myldsmail.net) You moved this message to its current location.
    Sent: Mon 6/09/14 11:35 AM
    To: Amanda Prince Bevan (mango88lee@yahoo.com); Brandon :) (brandon9211@yahoo.com); Cassie Pantel (cmpantel@gmail.com); David Bevan (dbevan56@hotmail.com); JANICE AYERS (janice_ayers@yahoo.com); Jeff (jeffbevan@hotmail.com); Joey Ropolo (j.ropolo@hotmail.com); Kristilyn Gelder (kristilyn.ctr@gmail.com); Kurtis Koch (kurtis.koch@gmail.com); Manda (Amanda.Ropolo@hotmail.com); Mommy (bevan17@msn.com); Nick & Gentry Coats (nickgentrycoats@gmail.com); Nicole (Nicole.Koch@hotmail.com); Sister Berg (lberg@myldsmail.com); Tony Roberts (toro361@gmail.com); Blog (missy.bevan.sistermissionary@blogger.com)
    Alright buckle down for this one. The miracle for this week was that Lonnie got baptized! Oh my goodness it was so spiritual! I loved every minute of it and so did he! Everyone in the ward was commenting yesterday about how it was like the most spiritual baptism that they had ever been to. So it was great! But what was the best thing was his response to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. This is what he said, "wow I got a warm sensation thur out my whole body when I got the Holy Ghost. I never had that feeling before in my life! I don't think I'll be forgetting that feeling. Thank you ladies for everything. You two are cool!" Isn't Lonnie the greatest! I am so proud of him and the decision he made to get baptized! I know without a shadow of doubt that the Holy Ghost is so true. Everyone deserves to have the gift of it! The way to receive that gift is through the proper priesthood authority! Which Lonnie should be getting the Aaronic priesthood next week. :) I love being a missionary! Lonnie got his armor!
     
    Not for the rest of this week. Yesterday we only stayed for sacrament because I had the stomach flu. If it wasn't for the fact that Lonnie was being confirmed I don't think that I would have even gone to church. Today I have strep throat. Life is good isn't it? hahaha! I just really want to be healthy but it isn't happening! But it's whatever...I will be healthy again sometime. But good news is that my neck doesn't hurt anymore. The chiropractor really is magical haha! Also my posture is great! So I go around everywhere saying "hey, hey look at me and my posture" in a British accent. Sister Chirinos gets a kick out of it! I have a funny face that I do with it too!
     
    Other sad news....Tammy is not doing good at all. She has really digressed. We will probably be dropping her this week :( maybe just send prayers her way! She just doesn't understand the priesthood and the fact that she shouldn't wait to get baptized. She thinks that it will be easier for her in a few years....really we just think that she doesn't want to stop smoking which is understandable considering that is a very hard habit to break! Michaela is doing really good! I love that girl so much!
     
    Here are some profound things I learned this week. You can't be the lifeguard when you look like all the swimmers. So just make sure you are doing all you can to look like and act like a disciple of Christ! Also "crappy is good....because Satan is a jerk like that!" That last one came from Sister Chirinos during our zone training meeting. It was pretty funny!
     
    I hope that all is well with you! I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be serving a full time mission right now. It is so great to be "counted worthy to suffer shame for His name" Acts 5:41. I love you all and miss you very much! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out!
    ​
    Here is Lonnie's Baptism picture! He is the taller one and the girl next to him is his daughter Maggie who is 6...he will be able to baptize her! :)
     
    ​

    Remember that field of corn I sent a few weeks back...well this is the same field! The corn is growing rapidly

    No comments:

    Post a Comment