My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 2, 2014

"Move your 2 year old.....I am trying to play Discovery Channel!"-Sister Bair

Alrighty....first news of this email. Lonnie is getting baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! He passed his baptismal interview! It was exciting! But here is the funny story of the week from Lonnie's lesson. We were talking about getting baptized and he raises both of his arms up and goes "I'll get my armor!" Lonnie is the best! It was so great! I feel so privileged that I got to teach him and see him get baptized! He was someone who's heart was very soften. What's super cool about it is a former less active is going to baptize him. It is going to be a beautiful day! Another funny thing about Lonnie is this morning he texted us and goes "They had a show on Mormon church how it went from 3 million to 15 million now." and we responded with "Well come Saturday it will be 15 million and 1 :)" he goes "Now it feels like it is happening fast. Crazy what an experience!" Lonnie is just so ready! I am excited for Saturday! YAY!!
 
Update on Tammy...there really isn't much. She is still having a hard time. But hopefully tonight we will set a new baptismal date with her. Pray super hard!
 
So this week has ben filled with lots of pain. It hasn't been very fun....but I am doing semi better today. I have an appointment with my Chiropractor today to get treated so hopefully all will go well there! We were able to see a lot of success this week though. Very much better then last week so thank you for all of your prayers. Really appreciate it. I am back to the same old Sister Bevan now...just always laughing!
 
Oh here is an experience we had this week. So we were sleeping downstairs because we thought there was mold in our apartment. Well we kept getting a really uneasy feeling but Sister Chirinos and I never told each other that we were having uneasy feelings. Well we slept down there for three nights with that uneasy feeling. Finally I go can w go sleep upstairs again. So we were talking about it and we feel like someone was looking in our windows because we have some creepy neighbors. Well we just ended up getting a super bad feeling so we put a mattress in front of our door and ran upstairs and moved our beds away from the windows and called the elders. I will not forget that feeling. But we are safe no worries. But moral of the story. Listen to the promptings of the Spirit the first time! Will you do that for me?
 
Well that is all I can really think to share. Know that I love you and miss you all! I love being a missionary so much. I am grateful for the growth that I have been able to experience! I can't believe it is June! CRAZY!!!!!!!
 
Love Sister Missy Bevan
​

Quick story about this....we were at some members house and it started raining like the crazy Iowa rain storms, well the members live out in the country. They didn't want our shoes to get muddy so they made us put bread bags over. #countryliving #gottoloveiowa 

No comments:

Post a Comment