So the MTC is both super hard and super great!!! The Spirit is so strong here, and I love it! I know my father in Heaven loves me and that this is where I need to be right now!
Since being her I have been teaching 3 investigators! They are all great and I am definitely improving on my teaching by the Spirit skills! We sit in the same room for 12 hours a day. Which is really tough and I feel like I am going insane! I Just can't wait until I leave for Iowa on Wednesday!!
I have had some really neat experiences, but yesterday was so tough. I have a mental breakdown and I was thinking to myself that there is no way that I am going to be able to be a good missionary. I taught two investigators yesterday and both of the lessons were just really rough. But the last one is when I just broke down and I couldn't hold it in anymore. She was literally yelling at me and telling me that our religion is really arrogant! Yeah, super fun! She didn't even remember that we had set up an appointment to come meet with her again. So from the moment we got there it went downhill. Anyway I defintely felt the Spirit leave the room. So my companion Sister Hill and I just said you know we are sorry that we weren't able to teach you about Christ religion and then just left. Well from that moment on I just was thinking to myself this is way too hard. I don't think that I am going to be able to do this. But hey it is definitely not easy work in the mission field. So I guess I am just really preparing myself. So I asked one of the Elders in my district if he would give me a blessing and he did. It was amazing, I felt so strongly of how I will be able to do this and how my father in Heaven hasn't sent me here to fail, but to succeed. He isn't going to throw anything my way that I am not going to be able to handle. So it was definitely comforting to have that. Also the coolest part about the blessing is that it was his first blessing he has ever given. He did such an amazing job and it was just a neat experience for everyone around!
So a little about my District. There are 8 of us. 4 sisters and 4 elders. We are all going to Iowa together so we are all so excited! Seriously these missionaries have become my family. I have only known them for a week but we are all so comfortable with each other and we have so much fun!! There is Elder Cleverly, Elder Smith, Elder Astad, and Elder Morgensen. They are so great and it is so crazy to see how much that have matured from just one week!! Then me, Sister Hill, Sister Cannon, and Sister Stahle. Seriously our district is the best one out there!! We already have so many inside jokes, I love it! Well I really don't have any time, so this is the end!!
I love you all and that you so much for all the love and support!!
Oh yeah, I have been made the travel leader, so I am incharge of 26 missionaries and making sure that we all make it to Iowa!! We leave here at 4 in the morning the 24th and fly out at 7:30 with a layover in denver!! Can't believe I leave in 6 days!! So excited!!!
-Sister Bevan
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment