My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 29, 2013

First week in Iowa!

So I made it safe and sound in Iowa! I seriously was so scared to come here, but when we landed it was great because the first people I saw were the mission president and his wife!! They are so extremely nice! They remind me a lot of mom and dad so I am happy to be here with them!
 
Right now I am serving in Iowa City in the YSA ward. YAY! So basically my area is the University! The YSA ward is great, but it is definitely not like my one up in Logan, they have more awkward people! Haha! But they are all so great and caring. They are mainly older and pretty much all in like higher education like masters, PA school, med school, etc.
 
My trainer is Sister He (pronounced Huh) She is from Taiwain. Her real mission is the Temple Square mission but they basically brought her from there to here to train me. So training normally last 12 weeks but after this transfer (she 6 weeks) she will head back to Salt Lake and then I will become a trainer!!!!! Um...yeah, I about freaked out about that! But it is good I am learning a lot. It keeps me busy so I don't miss home all the time. Just bascially when I go to bed.
 
GOOOOOOOOD NEWS!!! We have set a baptism date for May 18th!!!! We set it Saturday. She is a chinese girl. Her english name is Kathy. She is seriously such a sweetheart! We have three other investigators besides her. Another one is from Spain and we have a baptismal date for her in June, but she will be getting baptized in Spain not here. She we can't really count that as ours. The other two we are really working on. We have another girl named Eden who contacted us, we have only taught her once. But we will be teaching her again thursday so we are going to invite her to be baptized then. Pray that she will accept!!!! The other one is a members girlfriend, her name is Mandy.
 
So far the mission is great! I feel like I am really learning a lot. Oh funny story. So the second I walked out of the airport doors a huge gust of wind came and blew my skirt up hahahahahaha! I Marylin Monroe'd it haha! But one of the Elders from my MTC District (Elder Morgensen) was with me and we both just started laughing. We continued to laugh the rest of the day it was seriouisly so funny! So wednesday when we got here we went the the mission presidents house and slept there as well as had some training and what not. We had a total of 41 new missionaries there with us! Biggest group they have ever received! Then on Thursday we had the big transfer meeting. So Tyler Seely was waiting for me and when he saw me he came running up to me!!! It was soooooooo good to see him! When he saw me he goes you are going to do some big things in the mission I know it! He has a bet with someone that I am going to open up a new area and the area will just take right off!!! Then I also got to see Kelli Nye and I gave her the biggest hug!!!! There is also another sister I know from my first year in Kampus Korner that is serving here so it was nice to see her too!!!
 
So as you know I was sick on wednesday. Well I completely lost my voice right after we got off the plane. Like seriously complete gone. Excellent for the first day of the mission right? Well yeah. It didn't come back until Saturday. So basically we taught 5 lessons within that time and I was just trying to hard to say things. So basically when I felt like something was really important I would share it! But voice isn't all the way back yet. I don't have my singing voice but I can talk so that is good! My companion from the MTC, Sister Hill say that it is a blessing that I can't sing for my new companion haha!
 
So my district here is really great! There are two sets of sisters, Me and my companion and Sister Hill and her companion!!! So I still get to be with sister HIll sometimes so that makes this a little more easier! This saturday we have our big mission conference and Elder Neil L. Andsersen is coming!!!! Coooool right? I am pretty excited for it!
 
Just so you know everything is going great here. I really am loving it! It is tough becaue we get rejected a lot but at the same time I am so glad that I am here. I feel like it is a blessing that I will most likely be training come next transfer because it is really pushing me to work hard and make sure that I am learning all I can.
 
So mom or anyone really, could you do me a favor? Will you post on my facebook and let everyone know that I am here safe and that I am loving it so far! Also will you re post my address so people could write me? I would appreciate it!!! I love you all thank you so much for the prayers on my behalf!!! :)
 
Sister Bevan



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment