So this week...hahahaha yeah. It was a really tough week! Our baptism that we had set for the 18th fell through. So she is from China and she just up and left for China. So she isn't taking any of her finals or anything. We stopped by her apartment and her roommates said well we came home Sunday night and all of her room was packed up. She still has a couple of things there. But we don't know why she left or anything. Very interesting right? So yeah that was really depressing and super hard. We found out Friday that she had just up and left. So friday was probably the worst day ever. We share a car with some elders and we had to give them the car on thursday. Right after we gave them the car it just started pouring and seriously was pouring rain until saturday. So we got to walk in the rain all those days. And my area is just basically the University of Iowa (Hawkeyes, they are crazy fans) and some blocks around it. So of course no one was out walking and plus finals are coming up. So yeah no one wanted to talk to us and they were giving us glears, Needless to say this week wasn't very successful. However, our investigator Eden. She is awesome! I invited her to be baptized on wednesday and she said once she finds for her self that it is true then she will definitely get baptized!! Only problem is, she is going to Texas for the summer to work at a Christian Camp. So she won't be back until Julyish. Haha, this is what sucks about University areas is they seem golden then they just up and leave! But she loves meeting with us so she said that she will definitely keep in touch with us while she is gone. We taught her the plan of salvation and she kept sayinging, "this makes so much more sense!"
My companion. She is great, and we are still doing great! She hasn't made me any food, but that's okay because all she eats is like seafood. Yuck! And I think she is hilarious but she thinks I am so stupid because she doesn't get my humor! haha, so I laugh at myself all the time and she just looks at me and says, "What is the purpose of you saying that." It is funny! But she is going back to Temple Square on June 12th! So definitely go look her up! I told her that you guys would probably come stalk her so she is expecting it! She'll be there until September 11th then she goes home!!
So friday hits my one month mark! Can you believe it?!? Everyone says that the first month is the hardest and slowest. Then the time just flies by! I guess we will see!
Saturday we had Elder Anderson come and speak to us as a mission. Can I just say it was AMAZING!! I got to shake his hand and look him right in the eyes!! So cool!! He is a hilarious guy and super short! He really talked about the atonement and how it really is so important for us to continue learing about it especially on our missions!! He also said some really hilarious stuff too! He goes, "I learned to love and touch men.......positively!!" Hahahahahhaahah he was talking about when he got his second mission president. Appartently he was a really touchy guy haha! But it was also great because he said that only the most righteous missionaries actually get two mission presidents. So I guess I am really cool! He said that I need to make sure that I see the best in both men and really find out what I can learn from each! After that meeting pretty much ALL the missionaries went to chili's. So we took over chili's and everyone was looking at us so weird!! Whatever! My district leader goes if two more elders were to come in here then we would be able to dedicate this building with all of us and our spirits haha! But saturday was so great! I got to see all my MTC family, plus Sister Nye! I love that I get to see her a lot! Oh Sister Cannon who is part of my MTC family got to open the Pella, Iowa area. So I asked her if she has met any Korver's yet and she said no. So I told her to keep her eye out for them haha!
Me and Sister He are the only ones that live in our apartment. I wish that Sister Hill lived with us. That would be such a party! But our apartment is probably a mile away from the campus. So it isn't too bad. But all of our members are like five miles away. So when we walk to their houses it takes awhile!
Basically this week we met with a lot of less active members. We got two of them to come to church yesterday!!!!! YAY!! And then later one of them brought us treats to our apartment! She is great and loves Asians so I think it helps that we have sister He. haha! But our ward is doing a big temple trip the 18th and Maranda (less active) really wants us to be able to come with her to Nauvoo. So we are going to ask our president today! Also I haven't gained any weight! I am doing good!! Oh and there is a two Pita Pits here! HOLLLA!
So our P-days are pretty great! We go and play basketball as a district! I still got game!!! The elders were pretty impressed haha! But playing basketball made me realize how much I missed it!
Ooh funny story! So you know how in my farewell talk I said I hope I don't get spit on? Well......it happened! haha it didn't hit me though luckily!! We were walking back to our apartment like wednesday I think. And these guys were on their balcony probably three stories up. Well they yelled at us and the spit at us trying to hit us. Yeah...awesome right! The U of I students are definitely classy. But they were drinking and smoking weed. So yeah. Walking on the street we see so many people lighting up. We are definitely not in Utah anymore!! And I am defnietly not at Utah State! The buses are also crazy here. We get on the bus to contact and there is always at least one person drunk.
I really am loving it! I can't believe I have almost been out a month! I want to see pictures of the house so if you could send some that would be great! You can send them however you want. Jeff sends me pictures of Reagan so if you want to send them email ask him how it works. I hope my car sales soon! Then you can get rid of it! There are soooo many new Jeep Cherokee's around here! I want one soooooo bad! They are beautiful cars! So basically I can't wait until October 2014! Oh also my ankle kind of started doing it's weird thing again. So lets hope that it doesn't get too bad!!
Well I love you all! Thanks for much for the prayers and support! You guys are the best!!!!
Love Sister Bevan!
p.s. mother's day. I am not sure what time I will be calling. Probably 6ish here so 5ish there?
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment