So this week was kind of a crazy one, but it was a good one!
This week I have my very first exchanges and it was great!! I got to serve with Sister Lloyd and we dominated the world! We got a lot of phone numbers that day! Plus we spread some cow menure in skirts, that was fun! It was great to be able to be with her! She was in my Kampus Korner ward a couple of years back. So it was fun to be with her! She'll go back in Janurary, so we are hoping that we will be able to serve together at some point! She is awesome and I was able to learn a lot from her! I was sad that we weren't friends when we were in the same ward! But yeah, so that was on wednesday!
Then thursday my trainer had to go to a training meeting so I got another companion.....guess who it was! SISTER HILL!!!! We seriously had so much fun together and it was really great because we spent the morning in my area then the evening in her area. Her area is Heaven! She has it easy! It was funny because after my area she goes, "man I am really glad that I am not serving in your area!" So of course I said yeah be grateful for what you have! But thursday was a really good day! It was fun to be able to be with her again. About two hours of us working together we were back to how we were at the MTC just saying the exact same things at the same time to people! We both wrote our testimonies in a book of Mormon then left the book in the bus! So hopefully we will get contacted from that! Then later that night we went to go visit one of the recent converts in her area. This lady struggles with depression so I really connected with her and I cried and she cried. She said to me when we were leaving that she was so grateful that I came over that night! The Spirit was seriously there so strong it was awesome!
Then friday we had one of our investigators come to the Instutite closing social!!! It was great and she seemed to have a fun time! We had hamburgers and hot dogs and they were yummy!!! Then all kinds of desserts. I ate every single kind haha!!! The relief society president is a RM and she said to me, "Sister Bevan you should be careful or else your skirts won't quite be fitting right!" It was really funny! So basically me and Sister He are going to be running a lot haha! But I still haven't gained even a pound so I am feel okay for right now!!
Saturday it was just a long day of tracting. We weren't having any success finding people. I am seriously so excited for finals to be done! But anyway we thought that we deserved some frozen yogurt so we went and got some. It was only us and the employee. The NBA finals were on tv so I just struck up the conversation with him asking about the finals and everything (I feel so out of the loop and it is killing me haha) then we got on the subject of religion. Then right then and there we taught him about the restoration! It was awesome!! So we gave him a Book of Mormon and our card. But there were people coming in so we didn't get his number. But we will probably go back sometime and see if he is working! He seemed interested so that was good! It was so funny that we just taught a lesson right in Orange Leaf!
Sunday, we had our investigator come to church!!!!!!!!!! All three hours!!!!!!! It was great to be able to be there with her! I think she really enjoyed it! But she goes back to Spain on saturday. So hopefully somehow we can stay in touch so that way I can see if she ever does end up getting baptized!! She is awesome!! I love her! Then I got to talk to my family again! It was great to talk to them and I definitely do miss them. But I know that this is exactly where I need to be so it wasn't hard saying bye or anything!!
I love the gospel so much! It is amazing how the spirit is working through me. I have never had a big scripture knowledge, but when I am teaching someone scriptures just come into my head. The gospel is so true! It is not me teaching, it is seriously the spirit. I am just there to speak for him! It really is such a neat experience to be out here doing this everyday all day! Yeah my area is tough, but I am here for a reason! I may not know what it is yet, I may not ever know, but I am grateful that I am here! It is a blessing to be in the University area! I have a goal that by the time Sis He leaves we will have baptized one person. So we are working hard trying to accomplish that goal! Things with me and Sis He are great! We laugh a lot and so that is good! She may not be laughing at my jokes, but she laughs AT me. So that means we are getting somewhere! haha but that is about all I have!
I love the gospel so much! It is amazing how the spirit is working through me. I have never had a big scripture knowledge, but when I am teaching someone scriptures just come into my head. The gospel is so true! It is not me teaching, it is seriously the spirit. I am just there to speak for him! It really is such a neat experience to be out here doing this everyday all day! Yeah my area is tough, but I am here for a reason! I may not know what it is yet, I may not ever know, but I am grateful that I am here! It is a blessing to be in the University area! I have a goal that by the time Sis He leaves we will have baptized one person. So we are working hard trying to accomplish that goal! Things with me and Sis He are great! We laugh a lot and so that is good! She may not be laughing at my jokes, but she laughs AT me. So that means we are getting somewhere! haha but that is about all I have!
The scripture that I am using to motivate myself every morning for this area is Alma 31:34-35!! It is seriously so good and helps me to remember that as long as I am being obedient and praying to my father for strength I will have success!! I love my mission!!!
Love, Sister Bevan!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment