So this week not much happened! We did get one more new potential that hopefully we will be able to meet with again! We did get to go to Rushville which was awesome! We met with all of your innactives that live down there and they were all really great and super friendly! The reason they don't come to church is because they have no means of transportation. Rushville has a really cool Dairy Queen, it is backwards. So of course we had to go ti it! What I mean by backwards is that the drive thru is on the passengers side. We took pictures! :) The drive to and from Rushville is what I exactly pictured Iowa/Illinois to be complete rolling hills (super fun to drive on) with corn fields EVERYWHERE!!! I am thinking that they have some pretty awesome corn mazes around here! However when it is night and you are driving you get kind of scared. I seriously was so scared. I didn't know if something would jump out of the corn fields and that I would end up hitting it. LIterally so scared! We had the brights on but they were not good. So basically I was driving in the dark because there are no street lights. But it is okay we made it back to Macomb safely. It was really cool though because one of our inactives personally knew Walt Disney, and Marilyn Monroe. So he told us all kinds of stories. He had taken Marilyn out a couple of times. But it was really fun to hear stories from him.
Also this week we were hleping out at a rummage sale at a Presbyterian church here in town. Well I got a skirt there for $.25! It even has pockets!! That was really awesome and I think it is a really cute skirt! Sister harmon even got a skirt too. That is the only shopping we can do though because there is no mall here or anything. Only a Walmart and K-Mart. So you know we were in Heaven at the rummage sale haha!
So last night as I was getting ready to go to bed I took off my glasses and I said to Sister Harmon, "Well I will see you in the morning when I put my glasses back on!" We both laughing for a very long time! It was great! I love Sister Harmon. Also I found out that her MTC companion read my blog before she came out. So if there are any soon to be missionaries reading this that are coming to Iowa you should definitely come find me when you arrive! Also if you are getting ready to leave on a mission or trying to decide if you should go, DO IT!!! It is the best thing you could ever do in your life!
So as you see much didn't happen this week. This up coming week though I get to go to Iowa City again for a new trainer's meeting! So I will be there on Wednesday! YAY! Then After we are picking up our Sister Training Leaders and doing exchanges with them. Then on Saturday we got premission to go to Nauvoo with the youth and do Baptisms. I am really excited about that! This ward is great and really loves the missionaries which makes it even better! The youth are so fun! We don't know them very well but that is mine and Sister harmon's goal. We know all the parents now so we are going to start working on the kids!
My challenge for everyone this week is try to figure out a way that you can be a member missionary. The mission can not reach it's full potential without the help from members. So try to come up with a way that you can help the missionaries out in your area. The members will be greatly blessed as they help the missionaries. So try you hardest to come up with ways that you can improve with being a member missionary. Every member needs to strive to be a missionary, because being a msisionary can help strengthen you and allows the Lord to give you SO many blessings! I promise this!
I love you all and I miss you! I hope that you have a great week! Remember that God loves you!!!
Love Sister Missy Bevan
P.s. GO UTES! :)
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment