So I ended up in Macomb Illinois! Yay I am in another state!!! So far I have served in two of the three states my mission covers! I am close to reaching my goal of serving in every state!!!! Macomb is really awesome, but also really hick towny! There is so much corn everywhere! We split the ward with Elders. So me and my companion opened up the Macomb South area and the Elders have the Macomb North. This place really is so awesome and everyone in the ward is so friendly!! The first sunday I was here I got a present from one of the primary girls! It was adorable! She came up to us after sacrament and said, "I made you this!" I looked at it and it was a fan and she also colored on it. It said To: Sister, From: Emma! Most adorable thing ever!!!!!!!! So yeah as you can now tell, I am in a family ward!!!! It is so much fun! But also so hard because all I want to do is hug the kids and to hold the babies...but that is not allowed! What was so awesome is everyone ran up to introduce themselves because they were so excited to have Sisters here! Literally I think every ward member came up and said how excited they were and how much they have prayed to have sisters come here. I am pretty sure that we ended up answering a lot of prayers. I think we will do a lot of really good work here! But I really am loving it here!
My trainee's name is Sister Harmon. She is from Farmington, New Mexico! She is adorable and we get a long great! She is so excited to be out on a mission! She is 20 years old and is studying communication disorders and wants to be a speech pathologist. I don't know what it is but it seems like I have a lot of those in my life! Maybe God is trying to tell me that I need to work on my speech! But I call her my new Mexican daughter! (Mom remember when I used to call you my new Mexican mommy?) But she is awesome and I know this is going to be a great transfer! We are living in a members house and they SPOIL us! Literally they feed us breakfast a lot and dinner whenever we don't have a dinner appointment! Which that isn't very often because everyone wants to feed us! We get fed by a member at least once a day! There was one day we got fed breakfast lunch and dinner! CRAZY! My challenge for this week is for everyone to pick a Christlike attribute that they want to work on.
When you decided which one you want to focus on I want you to apply it to the scripture Moroni 7:48. This scripture will help you to learn what to do to develop that attribute. I promise that as your try to become more Christlike you will be able to feel the Holy Ghost working with you more. What a great blessing and privilege it is to know the Holy Ghost can be your constant companion. This gospel is so true! I love you all and miss you!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment