My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 9, 2013

"They got dogged!"-Sister Harmon

This week was a pretty great one! We were able to meet a lot of people on the street and give them lessons right there. We now have three potential investigators! We are very optimistic! Things are going great! We have been able to really gain the trust of the members I think. Yesterday was only our second sunday here and we got another present. This time it was from a Young Women. She had made us Key Lime Pie. It was really yummy!!!!!!! So basically the ward is great and I am really enjoying myself being here. It can get pretty frustrating though because there are a TON more people here then there were in the YSA branch. So I am still struggling with names but I would say I have about 70% of the names! I am getting there though! Along with getting potentials we were able to get into a lot of the inactives homes. So that was great!!!!! We were able to make friendships with them!

So the people here in Macomb have a lot of dogs.....that is where my subject line comes from. Everyone has dogs and they all shed. Like crazy shed! So last night I was looking at Sister Harmon's bed and she had clothes laying there so I go, "I like your line of clothes right there!" She responded with "they got dogged!" So that is our new verb! Everything is they got dogged! It is ridiculous though! We now carry our lint roller with us! Oh but something really cool is we have BUNK BEDS!!!!!!!! It is great!! We each have our own. The house we live in is great and seriously we have so much space! The house is also very eco friendly. It was featured on the news! if you go to youtube and look up "KHQA this morning shows you how to make your home sustainable" you can see the house we live in as well as see the people we live with! But I really love it here!

So here is my tender mercy for the week.....I GOT TO PLAY WITH A SHELTIE!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness it was the best thing ever! It made the week so worth it. Of course I took a picture with it. The sheltie belongs to a less active! She told me to come over whenever and I can play with her! She looked a lot like Nico!

There is also an Elder and Sister Bevan that work in the Nauvoo temple. Being so close to the temple now everyone always asks me if we are related. I don't remember if I told you about them before. But basically everyone will go up to Elder Bevan and ask if he knows me. I have met him before and he is such a sweet old man, but we are only related from a far way down the line!

Now I am going to share a little scripture. It has been a two week drought since I received a letter, so here we go. "The first epistle of the dead letter week."

Chapter 1
In the beginning was the mailbox and the mailbox was void of letters.
2 And the missionaries said, "Let the box be filled." and the box was not filled.
3 And the missionaries beheld the continuing void and were not pleased.
4 But lo, it was the first day of the week and there was no mail delivered, but this was good.
5 But on the second day was the mail delivered; yet the box remained empty.
6 Yea, even from the second day unto the seventh was the mail delivered.
7 Even so, the box remained its void.
8. And yea, great mists of darkness spread forth from the void and enshrouded the missionaries. Yea, and did bring much saddness to their otherwise cheery days.
9 Even the long hours of fruitless tracting, being attacked by the fowls of the air, and being pursued by the beasts of the field were not as disheartening as the lack of blessed object known as letters.
10 Yet they persisted.

Chapter 2
And lo, on the second day of the second week the mists still encircled the mailbox.
2 And on the third day, from within the depths of the void was a single post card.
3 And this post card put forth a ray of light that pierced the darkness and overcame the mists.
4 And the missionaries were well pleased, and there was much rejoicing.
5 But alas, their exclamations of joy were in vain. For the postcard was for someone else.
6 but if their joy was so exceedingly great over someone else's mail, how great would be their joy at partaking of their own mail?

Chapter 3
And the missionary said unto her friend; lovest thou me?
2. and the friend said of course I love thee. Then the missionary said, the fill my mailbox.
3 She saith a second time, friend, lovest thou me? And the friend said, thou knowest that I love thee. She then said, then fill my mailbox.
4. She spake a third time saying, thou lovest me? And the friend said thou knowest all things, thou knowest that I love thee.
5 Then the missionary said, stuff my mailbox.
6 And the vision is become unto all as the words of a letter that is sealed in the envelope that men deliver to one who is not serving a mission saying, Read this, I pray thee; and she saith, I cannot, for it is not mine.
7 And the letter is delievered to she that is serving a mission saying, read this I pray thee; and she saith, why sure.
8 Therefore you should proceed to do a marvelous work for a missionary, even a marvelous work and a wonder by writing a letter.

I would like to thank my friends the San Antonio Elders for making that epistle possible!

I want you all to know that I know that this church is true!! My new scripture for this area is Alma 8:10.

I love you and miss you all!!! My 5 month mark is this week. Crazy!!

Love,
Sister Bevan

p.s. WRITE ME



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment