So this week was a decent one. Rob will not call us back and canceled two appointments on us. So Needless to say I think that we are just going to let him be for now. Which is sad because he really was so ready! But that is okay. Our other investigator that we haven't been able to meet with for 7 weeks randomly contacted us because she is in desperate need of finding herself a church. So we are really excited about that. We are going to be meeting with her tonight. I think that she will definitely lead to baptism. Well we are going to help her get there. Her biggest problem is that she is a heavy smoker. But it was really cool because randomly yesterday 15 minutes before church started she texted us and told us that she wanted to come to church. So that was great and she showed up and loved it and said that she would be coming next week. Hopefully she will keep her appointment tonight because a lot of times she cancels on us. So pray for her! Her name is Linda and she is really great!
This week was also Thanksgiving. Man did our ward take excellent care of us! We had THREE members feed us! One was a less active...she cooked her turkey in beer. That was interesting. Then the next meal was with the Harris family. The grandma, mom and dad and their 18 year old son. It was crazy to go from our less actives house to the members house. Such a difference. It made me know for a fact that I always want to have the spirit in my household. Such a difference! I wish that I could do justice of the difference! But after that meal it was time from our final one. With the Rands, that is the people we live with! It was great and I was completely stuffed. Man it was crazy! The weird thing about it is that people don't call it stuffing here. They call it dressing. So it kept confusing us the entire time, we finally got the hang of it though!
This week we were able to do a lot of service, which was fun. We were able to go help out on a 7 acre ranch and to pick up branches and burn them. Plus we got to play with horses which was great! The horses were so beautiful and made me really really really want one! I really wanted to ride it, but sadly that is not allowed on missions :(
So to get to our area (because the bridge is closed) we would have to walk a route of 5 miles. But we decided that that is just too much. So we discovered a closed down bridge that is by this apartment complex that is now abandoned. This bridge cuts off 4 miles. So we decided from here on out we are going to take it. Needless to say we have a great climbing adventure every morning when we go to our area. We just hope that we don't get caught. That would stink! But hopefully the bridge we normally take with be done soon. Construction is just the worst. I have no idea if any of that paragraph made sense! Oh well!
We did a lot of tracting this week. It wasn't very successful. We did get lectured by a lady about why we were wrong and how she was never going to join. So that was fun. We didn't even get a single word in besides well have a great day! But anyway I was kind of low spirited because I am just kind of sick of tracting. Nothing seems to come from it. So then we were walking and just watching the squirrels. Squirrels are my biggest tender mercy on the mission. Whenever I am having a bad day I just watch a squirrel and it makes it all worth it. They are just so funny and spastic! Oh yeah but yesterday I did kind of have a mental breakdown. So that was fun. But I am doing better today. I just want a little success! Just a little. But God knows what I need to learn from all the trials that I am facing. So I am going to trust him and just go forward with faith!
Here are the pictures of the week!
Here is me and Sister Harmon with a horsey! :) I really want one...Here is the bridge we cross to get to our area...kind of sketchy but it is worth it!
How many of you remember Elder Ballard's talk from conference? I have a link here...so you should read it! Remember how he challenged everyone to talk to someone about the gospel from conference and Christmas. Well that time is running short...so make sure you take his counsel and talk to someone. Help someone out. If anything help the missionaries who are serving around you. I promise that they will be so grateful for you and helping them find!
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/put-your-trust-in-the-lord?lang=eng
Love Sister Missy Bevan
p.s. Birthday shout out to my parents!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment