My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 10, 2014

"There are so many different Jesus' in our church!"-Elder Davila

Alright...this week. We didn't teach very many lessons but we were able to do a lot of good in the world. Plus I got to spend a lot of time in the hospital which I always love. I just realized that you are all now probably freaking out. It was not me that was admitted in the hospital! Wednesday morning at 3 am we got a call from one of our less active members. She fell on ice and shattered her shoulder. So we were spending a lot of time in the hospital with her and doing a lot of service for her! But on Friday she ended up having her shoulder replacement surgery and should be getting out of the hospital today! So things are looking good. But being in the hospital just reconfirmed that I want to be a nurse. Man I was always so happy walking into the hospital doors! It was great! 
Now Saturday was the BEST day of my life! As you might remember from last week, I said that I was getting a baptism. Well it happened. It was the baptism that I have been looking forward to since my second transfer out. MANDY BURNS GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I got to go to Iowa City, be there with Sister Wolfgramm as we got our baptism together, of MANDY!!!! It was such a beautiful service and I had a lot of tears! It was so great though to be back in the YSA branch! It was funny because Brother Cohen (the first counselor) saw me and he goes, "hahaha you are still wearing your name tag?!" I go "I still have 8 months left!" and he goes "wait I thought you should have been done by now!" But last week Mandy called me on Friday (Jan. 31st) and said "Hey Sissy Bev, I am getting baptized on the 8th and you have permission to come from the President!" That was the best phone call of my life! So that is probably the biggest blessing of my life. I am so proud of Mandy and for her decision to get baptized! Now in a year I will be able to go to Mandy and Patrick's sealing! It was also so great because I was able to see Sister Wolfgramm the day before her birthday and before she jetted off to Brazil. Which is what she is doing right now! It just all seems like a dream...but I have a picture so I know it wasn't a dream! 


Just look at how happy we all are in this picture! Man I love Mandy so much!!!!

As for Fort Dodge we were able to send a baptismal date with our 13 year old investigators. Well she set the date she wanted. It looks like it will probably be March 15th. She just has to make sure that it is okay with her Aunt! But she is all sad that she is going to be by herself on Valentine's day. So we are going to be her Valentine's this year haha! :) we are going to come over and watch a church movie with her! I am pretty excited! It is going to be a night of eating, probably pizza and chocolate! But I love her so much! She has really started to progress! 

Today is my 10 month mark. I can't believe that it has been that long since I was last in Utah. Time goes so fast! Missions are hard, I do struggle, pretty much everyday. But I am so grateful for the fact that I get to bare my testimony everyday and to be able to see the miracles! My favorite part about being a missionary is being able to feel Heavenly Fathers love for those of his children! I just love being a missionary! I love you all so much and miss you! 

Love Sister Missy Bevan

p.s. I guess I should probably describe my subject line for this week...he was talking about the pictures in the church buildings and so he was saying that each picture had a different Jesus in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment