So from the subject line, I had a random old guy hit on me. It was great! He was going into the library and just said that. It was funny! This week was full of finding. But is was actually great because the days we were finding, it was like in the 40's! So I was not complaining! It was nice. We found this one girl that we were like she could totally be baptized in March. So we went and taught her the stop smoking workshop because she wants to stop smoking. Well we taught it, and it was great! She told us she wanted to come to church and everything. Well later on in the week we were looking through the ward list organizing it (cause you know I like to do that, so does Sister Batty. It is great) well we found out that she is on the inactives list! So that was crazy! Needless to say she won't be getting baptized in march! But we found a less active! All by street contacting her too!
The weather took a drastic turn. On thursday there was Thundersnow. Thundersnow is a thing were it is snowing really hard and there is thunder and lightning. Man that thunder was LOUD!! The Midwest is crazy. Seriously! So we as missionaries got grounded. So we stayed in our place all afternoon and night. It was good but we went a little crazy. So we decided to weekly plan because we felt like we were just wasting time! But it was good!
The next day we were suppose to have Zone training meeting in Mason City, but the roads were too bad. Instead we stayed in Fort Dodge and I fell and hurt my hip and limped the rest of the way up the block. It was actually really funny. I tried to climb a mountain of snow. Got over it, then my ankle gave up and I went down. SO funny! we were laughing really hard about it! But it was great! Good thing I don't get embarrassed. Everyone just looked at me!
Also we got the sad word that our 13 year old investigator is not going to be getting baptized in March. She talked to her aunt and now she doesn't want to get baptized for a few years. Dang agency! But that is okay! She is still going to meet with us and we are going to continue to help her learn. But she is just so ready!
We had a great Zone Training meeting on Saturday! Then on Tuesday we get to go to Des Moines and have zone conference!
Missions are hard but I love being a missionary! I was given this really awesome talk that I want you all to read and evaluate yourselves! Seriously it is a great one!
I know that this church is true. I am grateful for everything that it blesses me with. I have a huge testimony of prayer. I know that God hears every pray we give. He wants to hear from us, that is why it is so important to pray often! If don't feel like God cares about you I challenge you to get on your knees and pray right now. I know that you will feel His love for you! Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf! I love you all and miss you!
Love Sister Bevan
Here is the awesome Fort Dodge Zone!
No comments:
Post a Comment