My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 3, 2014

"When your wives have kids you are going to just stand there and go.....Whoah"-President Jensen

This week was a great one! We were able to have a lot of success and see miracles! On Tuesday we got to travel down to Des Moines and go to Zone Conference. Man it was sooooo good! I was able to learn a lot! I know what things I can improve on. Seriously Zone conferences are the best....they just knock you down so hard and make you realize how much you need to work on. Nothing better then to be rebuked by the Lord! After Zone conference we got to go to Jethro's. That place is where the guy from Man verses food went....he failed the challenge. Well guess what?!? I BEAT THE CHALLENGE!!!! Okay they is just a bold face lie! But I did enjoy some delicious food there! It was yummy!
 
Also this week we had a few extra miles. So we decided we were going to go out to the little towns. There was a former investigator in our area book that was in Rolfe. We decided to just stop by and see if he still lived there. Well....he did, and he wants to get baptized. We taught him the restoration right there. It was really funny because he goes let me grab my coat and we can have a lesson outside....it was snowing like crazy! But it was great! We invited him to come to church and guess what.....he did! He even bore his testimony! He talked about how he had been thinking about coming back to our church and he just wasn't sure who to get a hold of, then we showed up. The way he bore his testimony everyone thought he was a less active member so they all came up and were like we don't have your records...I go that's because he isn't baptized yet haha! He is literally the most solid person! But our Sunday school teacher wasn't there so we taught him about the Book of Mormon and set a date with him! His date is April 13th! I am pretty excited about it though! When investigators bare testimony....it is just the neatest thing in the world. I have had that happen twice on my mission!
 
After our time in Rolfe we wanted to go up to West Bend...basically because we heard it was a little Amish community. We didn't see any horses or buggies. So that was disappointing. But we had a former investigator there too....we were looking for their house and it led us right to this really cool thing! It is called The Grotto of Redemption! It was the Saviors life all made out of stone, seriously so cool!
 
Saturday was a crazy day. We got done teaching at the Prison (which I still love so much!) and there was so much snow. So we started driving home and our car was sliding EVERYWHERE!!!! We almost got in 5 wrecks. Kind of crazy. So we called the Zone leaders and they grounded the cars. Well they ungrounded them and we spent like 4 hours shoveling people's walkways and driveways with the zone leaders. It was fun! But we had to be in by 5:30 that night because it was a blizzard and super cold. So basically we stayed in the rest of the night, luckily church didn't get canceled. But Sister Batty and I were asleep by 8! :) It was great!
 
Sorry this is a really long email! But I love you all. I have really gained a testimony that God knows where we need to be and where we need to be there. He knows the end from the beginning and we need to just put our trust in him. Life is hard, we don't get the things that we want. But God knows what is best and will always be looking after His children. I know that Heavenly Father is going to help me along my way. He knows where I need to be and what I need to be doing, even if it is not what I want to do.....he knows me better then I know myself!
I hope you all have a great day....please write me letters! I get nothing and Sister Batty gets at least three a week. Kind of depressing haha!
 
Love Sister Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment