My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 31, 2014

"She is making this as hard as difficult!"-Sister Bevan

Alright so first of all....Happy Left Handers Day to me! :) Yeah I am way cool! Thanks Jeff for pointing out that today is Left Handed day....because of that I am going to do everything with my left hand. Oh wait....I already do! ;)
 
So this week as you are well aware was transfer week! I stayed in Fort Dodge with is EXCITING!!!!! I am happy that I get to spend at least another 6 weeks here! Also ready for this craziness? So Sister Harmon is now in Iowa City YSA and Sister Kelli Nye is now in Macomb!!!! What the heck! Isn't that so cool! I love it! Now all the Sisters I have trained will have served in YSA. Pretty crazy if you ask me! But I just think it is so great! Unfortunately Sister Batty got transferred. I am really sad about that. But it is okay! It is always hard to try to adjust to a new companion but I think things will be great!
 
My new companion is Sister Chirinos (I am still struggling with the name....I get it most of the time). But she is 24 and from Salem Oregon! Yeah buddy! But unfortunately she is a Beaver's fan....it is okay. We are willing to look through our differences! She has been out 7 1/2 months! But I really do think that things will be good! She likes to find so I am excited about that. This is her second area so she is still trying to adjust but things are good!
 
Also this week we finally moved into our apartment! So my address for here in Fort Dodge is now:
520 S. 12th Street
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
Honestly moving into the apartment has been great! We discovered that by moving into the apartment we will save 300 miles a month! Holy Crap! We can do a lot of good with those 300 miles!
 
Thursday when we got back from Iowa City (Such a long day in the car) we just went finding in this area and it was actually really fruitful! It was great! But we were getting ready to call it a night and then the Spirit was like go by Mary's house (she is a potential we have been trying to contact for 3 months) well anyway we went and knocked on her door. SHE OPENED!!! We talked to her and asked if there was a time we could come by next week and she was like I am really busy. Then the Spirit said talk about her husband, so I did! Man I love the Spirit! Well her husband was one of the guys that I taught in the prison. I started to talk about him and I just told her how much I appreciated him coming to the classes. She talked about how he always tells her the things that he learns. Well then she goes....well I am really open next week besides Monday. Is there any day that you can come?! Needless to say we are going there on Wednesday! I am super excited! Man I love being a missionary and being filled with the Spirit.
 
Update on Damian, we don't know if he will be getting baptized on the 13th. Just really keep him in your prayers please. Some people in the ward don't think he is ready because they just remember his past life when he was a teenager. But I honestly have never felt threatened by him. So we will see what ends up happening. He called us Saturday and told us that he wouldn't be able to make it to church because he was going to be in Duncombe and that there was something really important he needed to tell us so to call him on Wednesday. So I guess we will have to see what he has to say!
 
Anyway I love you all and miss you so much! I want to end by asking the question when was the last time you felt the Spirit? If you can't answer that look back on your life and see maybe what things need to change so that you can feel of the Spirit. I know that if you do the little things everyday it will make a world of a difference! Just pray, read, and go to church! Also conference is this weekend and I am WAY excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are all too! We literally get to hear from our prophet. So I encourage you all to watch all the sessions you can. I know that this week I was spiritually uplifted by the women's conference....I bawled because I missed my mommy!
 
Love always Sister Missy Bevan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment