My MIssion's Temple

My MIssion's Temple
So excited to be able to go to this temple!!!!

A Sister Missionary Blog

My photo
Des Moines, Iowa
A sister on her journey to Iowa
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 17, 2014

"If there wasn't a God then we'd be like bugs hitting a windshield in the summer!"-Brother Fortune

First off....Happy St. Patrick's day everyone! I thought about doing my whole email in green...but I think I would get annoyed of that! :)
 
Anyway this week has been a pretty good one! Unfortunately Sister Batty got hit with the plague of bad weather disease. I don't know if that even makes sense. Anyway Sister Batty got really sick this week. So ended up having to stay in for two days. Man did I go CRAZY!!!! But I haven't gotten sick..so that is good. While she was sick I got some good studies in and watched all the approved movies that we could watch at least twice. Plus I got my stuff all organized. So it was good. But I never want to stay inside all day ever again! But she is feeling better now! So we are good.
 
This week has been full of apartment searching! But we found one that we think will be perfect. However we don't know if they will let us rent it because they need our social security numbers and the church does not want us to give those out. But hopefully we should be finding out if we can move in to their sometime this week! So if you plan on sending me a letter....which you all should, send it to the mission home:
 
8515 Douglas Ave. Ste. 19
Urbandale, IA 50322
 
Hopefully by next week I will have a current up to date address!
 
Also Saturday was my last day teaching at the prison. We taught about temples, and it was really great! I really am going to miss those guys so much! They are all amazing and have such strong testimonies. I have learned so much from them!
 
Now I am going to share some funny things of the week. So first one, Sister Batty and I finally got to get out so we did some street contacting. Well it was really funny. We saw this girl and we started to walk to her and I was just like "Hey how are you doing?" She goes, "good!" Then she started to walk away....well Sister Batty freaked out and goes, "HEY, (basically sounding like she is going to mug the girl) do you want to learn more about Jesus Christ?!" The girl was terrified and like leaning away from Sister Batty and goes, "No I already have a church." Her voice was all shaken. It was hilarious. So I died laughing and I said to Sister Batty nice job being bold...but maybe try not to be as scary next time! It was priceless!
 
Second funny story! So we were getting ready to go into a lesson and it was my turn to say the prayer. Well I bow my head and I just started saying "we're grateful for......OH!" Then I go maybe I should actually start my prayer out loud and not in my head! And Sister Batty goes "I was just going to go along with it but okay!" Anyway the lesson we had was bomb! :) But even though I am not in a foreign speaking mission I think I have more language fails then anyone in the world! Goodness gracious! But I love being a missionary!
 
Well my testimony of temples has been so strengthened this week. Even though I wasn't able to go to the temple and haven't been able to since July. I still know of how important they are! I want to challenge you all to try and get to the temple by the end of this month. If you don't have a temple recommend you should strive to get one! The temple is the place where you are able to be closer to your Heavenly Father!
 
I love you all and miss you!
 
Love Sister Missy Bevan
 
p.s. is someone wants to be a peach for me and send Ronnie Brewer a birthday shout out on the 20th that would be much appreciated!
 
 
Squirrels are my biggest tender mercy! :)
 
Also I love these two elders! Elder Bates and Elder Flint!  

No comments:

Post a Comment